Would you risk your life to save a stranger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite sad. but true. I hope the MOE will change their syllabus and look into this matter.

the bombing of the london MRT had brought some sense to the garment. :thumbsup:

Becos he was not taught in the school not to do it. They have no such program then... he he.

I saw this, and I was disgusted, so many people just walk past, or just stayed an watched. Again, it just shows how selfish some people can be. A girl is being knifed!And only one old guy has the courage and the correctness of mind to step up and help. I read the report as well, one bystanders comment was "he had a knife, what were we supposed to do?" Ok, for a start, dont stand around watching it like a show! Call the police, find something to help, the guy isnt being that vicious, he looks kind of weak. I know if i had been near, I would have stepped in straight away, and have done in the past when people get in fights. But she could have died, he could have killed her, and only one person helped. I'am stunned and appalled at those peoples behavior.

Not Good. :thumbsd:

if i was a student w/ a bag full of books i could use it as a shield. but if i got nothing on me i may jus buy a bamboo pole & whack those guy. v effective. :devil:

any1 got any idea how respond in person under 60sec? :cool:

making an urgent call 2 police takes abt 30sec minimum 4 any1 2 relay bare but critical info. if police arrive 3 minutes later victim (whom u may kno) may hav been :hung: , culprits fled ah.

:bsmilie:
Recently aft ppl watched the youtube video, they gasped "that's very brave" and life goes on.
If the hero died, ppl gasped "that's tragic" and life moves on
Let 999 take care of it and life still moves on :cool:

Ya lor.
If you are trained to disarm like the matas..then should go and help.

But unfortunately,
My 2.5yrs of NS and 7 yrs of Reservist doesn't train me to defend or fight without arms.

Before helping others, must see whether you can defend for your own or not.
Scarly kanna stabbed to death, the one who suffer are your family.

Newspaper will print "Hero dies while helping others"
Readers will say "See lah, hero die young, for what?!"
Mata will claims "Call 999, dun act smart!"

The most i can do is...wipe out my handphone and call the mata lor.

;p :confused: ;p

if its a knife, maybe I may help, but if the man is holding a GUN, I better not dare help the person

If the man is holding a gun, you better make sure you have a M249 squad automatic weapon and M203 grenade launcher before deciding to help! No weapon no heroism!

I will only help if my firepower is more than 20x that of the opponent's (overwhelming firepower).

This is a different story, but also a knife attack in Singapore.

The incident occurred in the early hours of Feb. 5 while merchant mariner and ship's Third Mate Colin Campbell, BM2 Paulryan Judi, USN, and MASN Gregory Chaney, USN, were enjoying a night out near a popular Singapore tourist district. The ship was on a routine port visit to Singapore to pick up supplies and provide liberty for the crew.

While riding in a taxi, the three observed a violent altercation between two local men, which involved what appeared to be an 18-inch machete. One man was seen fleeing from the scene and, according to one of the crew members, was trying to conceal the weapon in his trousers.

They asked the driver to stop immediately.

As usual the locals did nothing.

Campbell, a native of Salem, Ore., telephoned police and asked the operators of the convenience store to call an ambulance.

Source: http://www.msc.navy.mil/sealift/2006/March/mcdonnell.htm

This incident happened in Feb 2006, in Singapore.

If the man is holding a gun, you better make sure you have a M249 squad automatic weapon and M203 grenade launcher before deciding to help! No weapon no heroism!

I will only help if my firepower is more than 20x that of the opponent's (overwhelming firepower).

Thats wise. Sometimes heroism just isn't heroism if you are to fall before the attacker, and getting you and the victim harmed/killed.

Capt. Michael Bacher said:

McDonnell's master Capt. Michael Bacher of Annapolis, Md., praised his crew members for their remarkable accomplishment in a life-threatening situation. "The courage and bravery displayed by the Sailors and Third Officer Campbell are reflective of the best the Navy has to offer," Bacher said.

I was at a celebration in the officer mess (in my younger days) where a CO was commenting on a young officer's rescue of a man under attack in Geylang. He said something to the effect that the young officer is very brave.. and added that is a bit similar to foolhardy.. and not to do it again.. much to the laughter of every officer there. And they toast beer!

I laughed too. And now thinking of it.... :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.