Would you lend your camera to others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
unless they buy u a new cam if there is any SCRATCHES then thats something.

my cam is my life. literally
i scrimped and tabaoed food to school just to get it.

i wont let it go away from my side that easily :D

hahaha same. ;)

Seriously, the owner has all rights to decide. Family or not, it is not the point.

It is my camera, and I decide who I want to lend it to or not.
yup yup, couldn agree more :thumbsup:

It really depends on yourself. I have lend my main body a couple of lenses to a friend whom I know will take good care of them before.

Given the situation, I would either ask them to rent a cam (of course only Nikon/Canon/Olympus available) or lend it to them and wish that they damage it so that I can ask for a better cam as compensation. :bsmilie:
hahaha you basket but i support :bsmilie:

Haha sadly,no . My camera is like my wife :X
yes it is like wife can.

looked at your profile... probably guessed where you are coming from...

probably he's still in anal stage of life... some ppl get stuck with it thruout their entire life... sh!t happens...
If sh!t happens, it isn't really sh!t.
If sh!t happens, it isn't really happening TO anyone.
Sh!t will happen again to you next time.
Only he who totally gives up the desire for sh!t will have salvation.. ;)

Just for laughs! :bsmilie:

Well, some replies have had given me some points to reflect upon but ultimately I'm a pessimist. I've thought of possible scenarios, one of the worst case for me would be, my camera gets scratch but still in working condition. No one's gonna pay for it, my brother would probably cover for my sis in law and says that its just superficial.

And some people, really, didn't have to be such an ass about it. You might have more life experience than me, but I don't think maturity comes with age, certainly you have not shown it.

i do agree maturity doesn't comes with age. from your tone i can tell u are reluctant so stand by those principles =) it's your sis in law that is using your brother so think it through i am sure you already have your answer.

side note
scratch abit ok lah you gaffer up the impt parts loh!!

why not sign a contract.With all the terms and condition liike scratches all these.Then tell him give and take.No free meal in this world.

fierce :bsmilie: it is possible but would it spoilt or worsen the relationship? its all abt trust. to TS aiya lend him la. spoilt ask him buy you a new one or you could rent it to your sis in law? :p i am sure if she is a reasonable person she will consider the cost and risk you are takin to loan it to her.

i do agree maturity doesn't comes with age. from your tone i can tell u are reluctant so stand by those principles =) it's your sis in law that is using your brother so think it through i am sure you already have your answer.

side note
scratch abit ok lah you gaffer up the impt parts loh!!

let him be lah, some ppl just want to rant and hope the entire world agrees with him and show pity upon him...

ok lah...

to someone with hidden agenda... ah goo gooo...

*joking too*

let him be lah, some ppl just want to rant and hope the entire world agrees with him and show pity upon him...

ok lah...

*joking too*

yea i definitely agree on that point, so much like some people just enjoy behaving in a self-assuming, over-bearing grunt.

(=

people.. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

There are 2 parties in such a sticky situation .... luckily the majority of "normal" people know that it is "not right" to borrow certain things from other people, especially things that are relatively costly or personal. My friends own million dollar cars and even i am always offered to take a spin i didn't want to, because I prefer to keep him as a friend (what if i accidently damage his fav cars?) So usually i refrain from borrowing anything from anyone, even to the extend of not even testing a friend's gears or anything.

On the other end, camera or anything is just a physical thing .... it cannot be more important than my relatives or personal friends. If any of my siblings ever request, I wouldnt mind at all to loan them my Mk 3 or Leica. As for friends, i would be more selective. Even if my siblings damage my cam, I think I will not really mind. There are more important things in life.

Let be more mature .... when you grow older, you will realize that all physical things that we have/owned are really nothing if they are not to be shared or appreciated by our love ones ... :think:
I couldn't agree more with you bro. =)
TS its your camera do what you want with it, but also remember that its just a couple thousand dollars.

yea i definitely agree on that point, so much like some people just enjoy behaving in a self-assuming, over-bearing grunt.

(=

people.. :bsmilie::bsmilie:
Agenda, my opinion is like this:
I am sure your own brother and your sister in law knows that you have saved up for your equipment and you treasure it like your own life.
So before they even want to ask you, they got to consider if taking it away from you for 1 month, would it mean a lot of inconveience for you (surely, no photos for one month, sure die, right?).
If they finally thought through and still needed it for one month, must have a damn good reason. Then you just have to LL and accept it lah.
Unless you really cannot bear with parting with it, then cook up some stories.
About spoiling your camera, I am sure your brother knows you well enough that this is your baby and they won't dare to any how abuse it.
So i put myself in your shoe, chances are, I will lend them, but tell them to take good care. And let it be known to them that I would feel very lonely the next one month.
My huble opinion.

lol, anyone who insults what photographic skills I have doesn't deserve to use my camera, right?

If it's the photographer that makes the difference, why do they need your camera? They should be more pro than you because they said your photos 'not good'.

If it's the gear that makes the difference, why did he say your photos aren't good? Must be camera spoil le. Use other cameras la.

Well, some replies have had given me some points to reflect upon but ultimately I'm a pessimist. I've thought of possible scenarios, one of the worst case for me would be, my camera gets scratch but still in working condition. No one's gonna pay for it, my brother would probably cover for my sis in law and says that its just superficial.

And some people, really, didn't have to be such an ass about it. You might have more life experience than me, but I don't think maturity comes with age, certainly you have not shown it.
seriously..what's wrong with a scratch on the camera body? you're going to scratch it sooner or later anyway.

i'm sure the scratch will not show up on your pictures.

if you brother says "it's only a scratch", do the same to his car.

You guys can consider this thread closed.

Whoever wanna rope TS to my fiendster's list, carry on...

Seriously, if you wanna pin yourself against my red card, so be it. Any clones created before today or after will be deregistered, and your clone created last month which is sending me threats will be deregistered, and yes, i've seen the PM. Thanks for your warm regards.

Mods are never here to be any of your punching bags, if you want, a warning will be served, any further intimidation will not be tolerated.

Just seems to me that the mods have been getting into alot of 'fights' with members recently. Why like that?? Not very friendly leh.

Seriously, if you wanna pin yourself against my red card, so be it. Any clones created before today or after will be deregistered, and your clone created last month which is sending me threats will be deregistered, and yes, i've seen the PM. Thanks for your warm regards.

Mods are never here to be any of your punching bags, if you want, a warning will be served, any further intimidation will not be tolerated.

Well, think of it this way. You flamebaited me and got personal with your attacks on me first. Punching bag? Who's the bag here now?

You can ban me and hide this ugly fact, but I'll just come back with another nick and you won't even know.

And threats? Are you that sensitive?

Last edited:
Well, think of it this way. You flamebaited me and got personal with your attacks on me first. Punching bag? Who's the bag here now?

You can ban me and hide this ugly fact, but I'll just come back with another nick and you won't even know.

And threats? Are you that sensitive?

i'm issuing a ban on sight on u... think i've been too nice to issue warnings and warnings.

Sound like a small issue to me... and both of you sound rather immature.

looked at your profile... probably guessed where you are coming from...

probably he's still in anal stage of life... some ppl get stuck with it thruout their entire life... sh!t happens...

ok lah...

*joking too*

Small issue to you doesn't mean small issue to others.
You have no d!ck doesn't mean other guys no d!ck? :eek:

I think you are more of the one who are stuck in your penis or anal stage.
Maturity? Uh huh I'm childish, so what? You are at the mouth stage? LMAO.

Obviously you are the one whom flamebaited TS, and used personal attacks yet banned TS.
You are just a b@stard with no c0ck you hum ji kia. Only hide and ban people?

You will say I'm doing so hiding behind the screen, but well..
Enough is enough. I have seen your posts at other threads. Your attitude is extremely, I can say it is the WORST AMONG THE MODERATORS.

Oh puh-lease this is a forum not a place for you to abuse your AUTHORISED power.
Please, at the beginning you have been against TS and I can't see what's wrong with you.
I thought moderator should always be in a neutral stand? Can't you see the others are also standing by their own stands, trying to give TS opinions of their own, neither being against nor for TS?

Like what HeiPiGu said, recently I can see there's alot 'fights'.
And I can say IN YOUR FACE, you got NO RIGHTS to be a moderator.
I have seen more moderator that are far far farrrrrrrrrrr better and friendly AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, NEUTRAL, than YOU. ;)

You? Being too nice? LOL. Joker.
I hereby request the other moderator to come this thread and have a look at your fellow moderator. Is he even at the so call mouth stage in the real life? This is seriously.. :bsmilie:

Yes sh!t happens.
If sh!t happens, you deserved it.
You were born sh!t, you are sh!t, and you will die sh!t. ;)
:thumbsd:

And opps, I'm banned. );
Come ban me, I'm so scareddddddddddddddd.

Status
Not open for further replies.