Would you got for Lasik Treatment?

Would you go for Lasik Treatment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

engineermunn

Nov 21, 2002
Visit site
(Almost) Everyone here loves the art of photography.

Photographers rely on their eyes to compose the artpieces.

Would you, as a photographer, risk going for Lasik treatment?

I had done the LASIK...not because of photographying but the convenience for not having glass anymore.

Dun mind, can share your experience and the cost per eye ...
Anyone went for intra lasik wavefront?

I would definitely got for Lasik treatment.

It is very troublesome to wear spectacles and changing your contact lenses on a yearly basis (mine is not disposable). Not only they are costly, it is freaking irritating if your eyes get dry from wearing them and if you do not have eye drops with you.

Furthermore, with my degree like this, even my parents encourage me to get Lasik treatment.

For everybody's info, my left eye is around 1000++. My right eye is around 950++. I am practically blind without my spects or contacts.

And taking photos with your spects is not a fun thing also. I find it harder to focus on my subjects.

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

total cost of wavefront lasik should not cost more than $5k for both eyes at TTSH.

mich_2103 said:
Not only they are costly

my lasik costs will be balanced out after 8 years

zod said:
my lasik costs will be balanced out after 8 years
Yeah, but the effect will be permanent and you won't have to touch spectacles anymore right?

IMO, it is worthwhile looking from a long term basis.

Regards,

Just asking, is there any risk involved? and is it 100% successful? (or maybe 90% at least)?

mich_2103 said:
Yeah, but the effect will be permanent and you won't have to touch spectacles anymore right?

IMO, it is worthwhile looking from a long term basis.

Regards,
ya
i mean, the cost of spectacles and conacts will outgrow that of lasik after 8 years

laugh said:
Just asking, is there any risk involved? and is it 100% successful? (or maybe 90% at least)?
the % of success is >99%
>80% will get perfect eye sight

from what i remember, so far no one in singapore has had a failed op yet

I think price have dropped for the op ... but intra lasik is still not in Singapore ...

I went for LASIK last november at KL. Did it for RM$3600. Including hotel stay and bus fare, around S$2200. Was much cheaper than Singapore then. But now the price seems to be very comparable.

But I still got dry eyes and my right eye still left with about 100 degrees. But I'm very satisfied with the results. Can't really ask for more.

Anthony

AdamGoi said:
Most probably not ... I think I still look more 'intelligent' in glasses! :bsmilie:

Yep, u sure look kind of strange without the glasses. :bsmilie:

AG_s_avatar.gif

Suffer frm lazy eye, want to go oso cannot go since lazy eye can't be treated by lasik as its more a brain condition.

I would like to go for neurosurgery instead to correct my lazy eye problem... hahaha...

i once knew this guy who told me he couldn't see the stars at night properly after he had had his lasik done. anyone with such similar experience?

zod said:
the % of success is >99%
>80% will get perfect eye sight

from what i remember, so far no one in singapore has had a failed op yet

Ermm, this is too general a stat.

There are more reliable specs if you attend talks given by the local Eye Centres or their American counterparts. In general, the lower your long or short-sightedness is, the higher chance there is to get perfect vision, or what they call 6/6 or 20/20.

The general advice most ophthalmologists will give is that one should not have unrealistic views about Lasik treatments. As in, you expect to see perfectly after the op or have bionic vision. For eg, if your eyesight is now 1000 'degrees' per eye, and after Lasik it's 100, then the op is considered a success already.

kiwi2 said:
Ermm, this is too general a stat.

There are more reliable specs if you attend talks given by the local Eye Centres or their American counterparts. In general, the lower your long or short-sightedness is, the higher chance there is to get perfect vision, or what they call 6/6 or 20/20.

The general advice most ophthalmologists will give is that one should not have unrealistic views about Lasik treatments. As in, you expect to see perfectly after the op or have bionic vision. For eg, if your eyesight is now 1000 'degrees' per eye, and after Lasik it's 100, then the op is considered a success already.
well, he wanted stats

it should be gone after a few months after the op
if it's still there, then got to accept it as a minor side effect

Status
Not open for further replies.