Would you got for Lasik Treatment?

Would you go for Lasik Treatment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newman said:
Yep, u sure look kind of strange without the glasses. :bsmilie:

AG_s_avatar.gif

hhahahahha.. Adam looked kinda cute in that... hahahahahahaha.... hahahhahahahahahhahah funni looking.... hahaha :bsmilie:

Some side effects of such eye surgery may not present itself until well after 6 months post op.

Some possible side effects include decreased depth perception.

Well, sometimes it may be worth it after all. Anyway I've seen many people getting eye surgery.. not all LASIK, some PRK. Reviews till now are good. Then again I have to say that eye surgery depends largely on the surgeon. So it's kind of a you get what youpay for (though if you damn unlucky, you can pay lots but still get crap)

I decided to go for LASIK treatment after 20 years on glasses.
Not because I want to look smart but as very frustrated with wearing glasses.

I simply put my glasses anywhere when I went to sleep. When I woke up, I had to look for my glasses without any glasses on. That were quite frustrated.

me too had my LASIK done in KL. RM3600, that was near 1 year ago.

I have now perfect eye sight for my left eye and 50 for my right eye.
Which I would consider perferct vision.

On and off I need to put eyedrop 3 times a day when i feel it is getting too dry.

Other than that, eveything is fine.

for those still considering lasik...

What you see when you wake up everyday
040514c.jpg

What you will see when you wake up after lasik
040514d.jpg

what are you waiting for?
OP OP OP

mich_2103 said:
Yeah, but the effect will be permanent ..
Not really. I have friends who complained that their eyesight have worsen over time, maybe around 200. Without proper eye care after lasik, patients may still need to wear glasses, though light degrees only.

AdamGoi said:
I'm waiting for an USM implant for my brain ... :bsmilie:

usm leh.... interesting........ lol....... y not get a etanium 2 chip into ur brain ? lol...... i wonder if i spelt etanium rite.... hmmm......

I have had Lasik done on my eyes. I had high Astigmatism. When I went to see the surgeon (Dr. Chan Tat Keong at SNEC)about 4 years ago he said he would not do it because he was not sure how effective the surgery is going to be on Astigmatism. He asked me to see him in a year's time, which I did. He then took all kinds of readings and presented them to a council. They thought that the surgery could be done.

So Dr. Chan almost treated me as a special case (read experiment) and I ended up with better than 6/6 vision. Apart from being a photo addict I am a single-handicap golfer, I would not have gone through the procedure if I was not absolutely sure. My golf has definetely improved a lot mainly because I dont have to wipe the sweat off my glasses and I can see some subtle variations clearly on the course!

Asterix said:
So Dr. Chan almost treated me as a special case (read experiment) and I ended up with better than 6/6 vision.... My golf has definetely improved a lot ..
Wow.. you were so close to be blind! It must be a real gamble, 6/6 vision or no vision! Great news about your golf! Cheers.

maddog said:
do you get bionic eyesight from this surgery? or just normal vision. :D
u get infrared vision

Just to share my experience:
No...did not do it bcos of photography, its juz tat I hate specs & getting sick of using contact lens.

I did my Lasik 2 1/2 months ago at Mount Elizabeth, a few weeks b4 the prices drop :cry:
My degrees were 750 & 650 plus astigmatism of 100 in each eye. Its a very simple procedure, operation took less than 20 mins. I operate both eyes at 2gether & went home in taxi by myself (can see but abit blur then). Slight pain at first especially when dropping the antibiotics, took a nap & when I woke up in e evening, YIPPEE :cheergal: I can see clearly liao!!!
Now I recommend it to all my friends!
But take note! There are very little risks, but there ARE. :sweat:
Also if they undercorrect your vision, u still can correct it again.
I did not have side effects, heard of people getting dry eyes :what: , teary eyes etc.
Its not permanent! If u do not take care of yr eyes, yr degree can still increase!

gryphon said:
Just to share my experience:
No...did not do it bcos of photography, its juz tat I hate specs & getting sick of using contact lens.

I did my Lasik 2 1/2 months ago at Mount Elizabeth, a few weeks b4 the prices drop :cry:
My degrees were 750 & 650 plus astigmatism of 100 in each eye. Its a very simple procedure, operation took less than 20 mins. I operate both eyes at 2gether & went home in taxi by myself (can see but abit blur then). Slight pain at first especially when dropping the antibiotics, took a nap & when I woke up in e evening, YIPPEE :cheergal: I can see clearly liao!!!
Now I recommend it to all my friends!
But take note! There are very little risks, but there ARE. :sweat:
Also if they undercorrect your vision, u still can correct it again.
I did not have side effects, heard of people getting dry eyes :what: , teary eyes etc.
Its not permanent! If u do not take care of yr eyes, yr degree can still increase!

Quick check with you: between first appointment and the actual surgery how long was it?

Well... 1st appointment is to check yr eyes for suitability & measurements of yr eyes. After the tests, doctor will tell u about how much correction & the procedure of operation.
After that you can do straight away when the doctor is available to do the operation. It can be the very next day!

I have Lasik done in June in Penang and follow up in JB. Cost RM3,600.00. At first, left eye +25 and right +75. After 3 months, both eyes +25. Cannot complaint much after wearing glases for more than 20 years. Cannot imagine getting up in the morning w/o looking for glasses. One setback, my face looks like being hit by a wall w/o glasses. haha.

The clinic I went belongs to UK chain.

I'd be going to have my op in December. I'm doing my op in Bangkok, TRSC. It's a centre dedicated to LASIK only. Costs about S$3800+, inclusive of lodging and air ticket. However, you can arrange your own transport and lodging to cut the costs.

I actually went there in July but the hard lenses I was wearing before left a temporary imprint on my eyes. So it was rescheduled to December.

Follow-ups are outsourced to SNEC, so I don't have to Bangkok for that =)

I have Lasik done in June in Penang and follow up in JB. Cost RM3,600.00. The clinic I went belongs to UK chain.

I did it at KL, and discharged from JB.. at RM3,6000 and has UKM Chain too.

Hahaaa...we must be visited the same Lasik Center.

sillyme said:
I'd be going to have my op in December. I'm doing my op in Bangkok, TRSC. It's a centre dedicated to LASIK only. Costs about S$3800+, inclusive of lodging and air ticket. However, you can arrange your own transport and lodging to cut the costs.

I actually went there in July but the hard lenses I was wearing before left a temporary imprint on my eyes. So it was rescheduled to December.

Follow-ups are outsourced to SNEC, so I don't have to Bangkok for that =)
yep. for those guys that dunno, you have to be off hard lenses for 2 weeks and soft lenses for 1 week before any checkup, test and the op itself

zod said:
yep. for those guys that dunno, you have to be off hard lenses for 2 weeks and soft lenses for 1 week before any checkup, test and the op itself

You mean completely cannot wear for 2 weeks? Wa then like this how to work/school? :confused:

Wear your specs.

The KL clinic I went to prefers us not to wear contacts for 4 weeks minimum. They told me the longer u keep off contacts, the more accurate the reading will be when they do your diagnosis.

And for those who wish to do LASIK, please try to get Ladarvision at least. Ladarvision uses a smaller laser beam therefore it cuts off less of the cornea tissue to do the same amount of correction as the older technologies. Therefore, u can preserve your precious cornea tissue for the 2nd or even 3rd correction *touch wood*

Ladarvision is a MUST for those who have very high degrees (ie > 1000 degrees). My friend who could never do LASIK before using the older technologies managed to do so under Ladarvision.

As usual, check with your doctor for the best advise.

Anthony

Helbreath said:
You mean completely cannot wear for 2 weeks? Wa then like this how to work/school? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.