Would you distribute your scenic photos to ur friends in full size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysurf

Dec 28, 2004
I'm not willing to send my beautiful scenic photos to my friends in their full original sizes. Am i selfish or am I just protecting my works?

What about you? What do you think?

hmm.. depends on wat they're gonna use it for. maybe you could lend it if u haf put some watermark on it? or at leat make sure they credit you.

what friends?

depends on what kind of friends and why they want the shots. ocassionally i do send out one or two large size ones to friends if they like it as a wallpaper on their PC, i trust them not to use them for other purposes without asking me and so far i haven't come across any of such problems.

Would you mind please elaborate more?

If it is your friends like some of your pictures, and ask you to give them for display only, no commercial usage, you can make a nice border with a title, and your name to give it them free. Don’t give original, it may end up somewhere else or use for some other purpose. Remind them not to reuse it for other then private display.

catchlights said:
Would you mind please elaborate more?

If it is your friends like some of your pictures, and ask you to give them for display only, no commercial usage, you can make a nice border with a title, and your name to give it them free. Don’t give original, it may end up somewhere else or use for some other purpose. Remind them not to reuse it for other then private display.

yah, like catchlights mentioned, you can also leave your signature on the picture. you can actually try to work your signature into the picture nicely also.

Whilst I always share my holiday photos, I resize them from the original 180dpi to 72dpi and reduce the original size by 50% and insert my personal watermark.

Yes, want to print it for urself go ahead. If you can get it up to print that is. U want good A4 or poster-sized? SHOW ME THE MONEY.

Dun like to give free things these dayz.

I rarely send any of my photo to anyone ... solves the problem

since you mentioned they are FRIENDS, should not be a problem if send them full size.

if send to colleagues, people whom you know but are not in the friends circle, then, maybe not.

since they are your friends, if they are going to use it for whatever purpose, they will have the courtesty to inform you first.

Harry Potter said:
since you mentioned they are FRIENDS, should not be a problem if send them full size.

if send to colleagues, people whom you know but are not in the friends circle, then, maybe not.

since they are your friends, if they are going to use it for whatever purpose, they will have the courtesty to inform you first.
Unfortunately, Humans are selfish. :(

A competition, with your Kodak moment possibly worth a couple of thousand dollars. Your friend sees it, u suppose he wun get tempted? ;)

You can't send work of others for competition.

But it possible to sell it for other commercial usage, if no model or property release is needed.

I send only max 1024x768. Not only does it prevent them from making large prints, and all the other related "fears" it also lets me transfer them much faster. Most people wouldn't need a full 6mp image anyway.

Regards
CK

ckiang said:
I send only max 1024x768. Not only does it prevent them from making large prints, and all the other related "fears" it also lets me transfer them much faster. Most people wouldn't need a full 6mp image anyway.

Regards
CK

that is generous, i only send max 600 x 480, no larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.