would you buy the new Chevrolet Aveo and Aveo5?

Would you buy a chevrolet Aveo and Aveo5

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

song

Feb 23, 2002
homex.coolconnect.com

and why? How about a resale Aveo and Aveo5?

It would be cheaper to take cabs in the long run... at least I don't need to worry about parking attendants, parking lots, jams and drunk driving. :)

So... no. I'm still in love with the old subaru vikis, pity they're not on sale anymore. :(

song said:

and why? How about a resale Aveo and Aveo5?

Personally, i think they look awful.. But thats just me :embrass:

icarus said:
Personally, i think they look awful.. But thats just me :embrass:

i thought it is as well-designed as the kia Picanto and baby merc?

To me they are ugly and has no resale value.

espn said:
It would be cheaper to take cabs in the long run... at least I don't need to worry about parking attendants, parking lots, jams and drunk driving. :)

So... no. I'm still in love with the old subaru vikis, pity they're not on sale anymore. :(
:thumbsup: I agreed! Thus, I being cheapskate, never buy cars, no to mention that I cannot afford one :embrass:

I am more concern about the after sales service. Car needs to go for servicing every 5000 to 10000km .

I chose the Altis as customer service and servicing at Borneo are good.

jeff49er, check out the comments on forums.toyotaclubsg.com ...

so many do not like aveo.

is it also because the e-tec II engine is fuel drinker?

song

But then for the same price might as well get a 'Asian' car. Once had a 'continental car, cost me a bomb to repair also some parts are not readily available. btw what warranty are you getting?

kenele said:
But then for the same price might as well get a 'Asian' car. Once had a 'continental car, cost me a bomb to repair also some parts are not readily available. btw what warranty are you getting?

same as jap warranty. starauto is the agent for chevy.100k km or 3 yrs warranty. Chevy is now manufacturing in Korea after buying over dawoo factory. Will the parts still be so expensive and difficult to find?

No thanks, they are freaking UGLY looking cars. Won't look out of place in a Robocop movie though.

jeff49er said:
I am more concern about the after sales service. Car needs to go for servicing every 5000 to 10000km .

I chose the Altis as customer service and servicing at Borneo are good.

what do they do for servicing? just change oil and tick the 40-60 check box.
they don't adjust valves 'cos its autolash, don't clean contact points 'cos there isn't any, don't change spark plugs 'cos it last more than a year plus, don't grease ball-joints 'cos they're seal type, don't top up battery water they're either maintenance-free or level hardly drop, don't tune the engine 'cos its managed by onboard computer, don't adjust timing advance 'cos it never drift, don't tighten cam-chain 'cos it has autotensioner, don't rotate tyres or check tyres pressure or wheel alignment 'cos its not part of their service package A,B,C or D

So just what do they do for car servicing that they need to charge you $120-250 ? :dunno:
And don't tell me about the checklist, bet you its a fake! :bigeyes:

Hmm .. all daewoo bodies ...based on the daewoo Kalos :think: why am i not surprised...

Korean cars don't have much value over time. :nono:

for up to 60K, a new lancer (manual) gets my vote anytime. :thumbsup:

stk said:
Hmm.. so for a budget car (around $50k) which would u guys choose?

KIA Cerato - best value for money 1.6L car

user111 said:
for up to 60K, a new lancer (manual) gets my vote anytime. :thumbsup:

Heh ... the impreza gets my vote anytime :p .. superb handling .. and made in japan ...

dEthANGeL said:
Heh ... the impreza gets my vote anytime :p .. superb handling .. and made in japan ...

Me too... thumbs up for Imprezza! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

stk asked for a budget of 50k...but impreza is more than 60k, so cannot consider..hehe. to stretch a budget of 50k for a bit..a is lancer already not bad liao ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.