Would you buy photos of your kids?

lamergod

Feb 9, 2009
Fratton Park, Portsmouth
Hey guys, I've been approached by a football academy to shoot their kids training sessions on a weekly basis and will be given a piece of the pie.

As it's my GCE year, I don't wanna waste time in something I won't earn much.

I was just wondering, as a parent, would you buy photos of your precious kids in training? Let's say price is reasonable.

P.S Mods, please delete if you think this is in-appropriate or move it if it's in the wrong sub forum.

Hey guys, I've been approached by a football academy to shoot their kids training sessions on a weekly basis and will be given a piece of the pie.

As it's my GCE year, I don't wanna waste time in something I won't earn much.

I was just wondering, as a parent, would you buy photos of your precious kids in training? Let's say price is reasonable.

P.S Mods, please delete if you think this is in-appropriate or move it if it's in the wrong sub forum.
in US, sport portrait of kids is a big business,
most parents will buy photos of their kids in any kind of settings. Xmas, Easter, Halloween, Schools, sports etc.....

I notice for local, most parents don't have the habits spending on photos of their kids,
here is one example Do you think this is a fair photography package??

Last edited:
most parents will buy photos of their kids in any kind of settings. Xmas, Easter, Halloween, Schools, sports etc.....

I notice for local, most parents don't have the habits spending on photos of their kids,

spending lifestyle different... they can afford to send their kids for piano classes but when comes to photos, they scrimp and save.

Yea. I've seen a lot of discussion about this on fredmiranda. People opening stands and offer pix on the spot.

I'm not too sure about the thinking of Singaporean parents that's why I'm asking here.

Yea. I've seen a lot of discussion about this on fredmiranda. People opening stands and offer pix on the spot.

I'm not too sure about the thinking of Singaporean parents that's why I'm asking here.

how much u intend to sell? per photo basis?

actually adopting the same consumer behavior as those tourist spots (zoo, night safari)... even when local sg went there, they wun even buy their photos being taken there (at least 6-8 out of 10 families)... but of cos those photos not much standard, just snap shots.

Last edited:
Don't be mistaken, I'm not saying local parents don't like to have photos of their kids,
parents do like to have lot of lot of photos of their kids, if you ever see the kindergarten concerts, or any primary school events you will know.

just that they don't want to spend on photos taken by others, photos good or bad are irrelevant.
parents prefer to snap the photos with whatever things they have, and rather to spend on camera and lenses to taken the photos themself, instead of pay for the photos or hire a photographer.

just that they don't want to spend on photos taken by others, photos good or bad are irrelevant.
parents prefer to snap the photos with whatever things they have, and rather to spend on camera and lenses to taken the photos themself, instead of pay for the photos or hire a photographer.

:thumbsup:

i got a colleague who bought a DSLR to shoot his kids... and ask me for advise what lens is suitable.

Singaporeans do not have the habit of paying "big" money for "tourist-photographs". I guess this is because subconsciously we know that a 4r costs only about $0-30 and there is no way one is going to pay $5 - $10 for a photo. :dunno:

but if they are priced, say about $1 a copy, I am sure many of us will just pay for them.

Last edited:
Singaporeans do not have the habit of paying "big" money for "tourist-photographs". I guess this is because subconsciously we know that a 4r costs only about $0-30 and there is no way one is going to pay $5 - $10 for a photo. :dunno:

but if they are priced, say about $1 a copy, I am sure many of us will just pay for them.
to make the $1 still profitable, the photographer will need to sell a group photos of a few hundred kids in one 4R photo.

but the parents will still outsmart the photographer, they will just share one photo with many other parents, so they can cut out their kids face for a individual photo.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

but the parents will still outsmart the photographer, they will just share one photo with many other parents, so they can cut out their kids face for a individual photo.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

true true. this is the advent of digital photography! :bsmilie:

How do you react when you are oversea, as a tourist, and at the end of the hour tour, you get hounded by touts with images of you or your gf/wife/kids ... do you "buy" these photos?

How do you react when you are oversea, as a tourist, and at the end of the hour tour, you get hounded by touts with images of you or your gf/wife/kids ... do you "buy" these photos?

no..i wouldn't.. even though this never happened to me before

1) what can the tout do with the photos?
2) all the tout wants is money. for just a few dollars would the tout mangle me or waste time editing the photos to maliciously harm me?
3) and most importantly, the tout doesn't know who i am

and of course..if the tout pulled out a gun i would...:sweat:

don't know which country you go to, but this is not how photographers work as far as I know.

we talk about local situation, as for local schools, any formal group or individuals photos, parent will need to confirm order first before the photos taken.

and event type of photos, parents has no obligation to buy photos.

but I have seen this,
a schools displaying some photos of an event, the parents able to order photos, some parents don't understand why they need to pay a few dollars for a photos, so asking the photographer to give them softcopy so that they can print on their own. they can even offer a empty CD to him, telling the photographer since it is digital, there is no negative, it should be free.

Last edited:

depend which kindergarten and what photos you delivered -

concert.gif

something like these still can sell lah :bsmilie:

This is not set by me. It's set by the guys above. I'll get a cut of the photos sold. Everything is still in the makings.

It is better that you asked to be paid per hour. Then whatever profit or loss is the guy who came up with the idea.

GCE year? Study first. Money can wait.

It is better that you asked to be paid per hour. Then whatever profit or loss is the guy who came up with the idea.

GCE year? Study first. Money can wait.
actually, profit sharing is a kind of incentive to drive photographers produce good and sellable photos.

btw, idea is not new.