Would you buy a second hand DSLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan_1337

Aug 12, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
www.xanga.com
Would you buy a second hand DSLR without knowing its shutter count or ever having seen it before if it was a good price?

ie. online auction, online store, etc.

I probably will buy only if I can meet up with the seller to actually test, also if he would give me a weeks warranty.

just a bid thru auction, I guess not. had some bad experiences with a Polaroid. once bitten twice shy...

A risk you gotta take.
I got a couple of old manual bodies to play
Ryan

I did, no regrets to date.

Depends on the condition of the camera for me. If it's acceptable and the price is attractive enough, definitely.

I've got my body (300D) and my tammy (17-50mm) as second hand units.

I've just started photography and I'm not how long this hobby can last me. Therefore, I don't see a point in spending so much money on first hand units.

There are some second hand stuff on sale at the forum which are really good price.

And being a very careless person, I don't really have to worry about taking extreme care about my gears. I've brought my cam to beaches, near sea water, getting splash with sand etc, and I don't feel my heart breaking.

I'm one whom bought a 2nd hand DSLR. Met up with the seller and tested the camera before purchase. After which I sent it to the service center to make sure. No regrets..able to stretch my dollar.

I would.... but only if I get to test it and if the price is really much lower than a brand new one. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.