Would you buy a house if someone died there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer not to buy such houses. But do you all know that some of the places where HDB flats or condos were might be previously Graveyards?

:dunno::dunno:

sometimes you can never tell lah.. unless the previous house owner says or the neighbours tell you

but ignorance might be bliss.. for a while :p

my grandfather bought a flat at a very cheap price before. apparently the previous owner had some dealing with some "mao-shan" dark arts, kinda wierd the first time we viewed the flat it was dim, gloomy, even when all the lights are on. the place's heavily smoked with incense, four corners of the living room ceiling was stuck with some talisman stuff..

well the price was good.. transacted.. and we realised no matter how we tried to clean the floor, with all sorts of detergents, magic clean and god knows what, the floor could never stay clean. becomes sticky very quickly, and there seems to be always some black glue-ey/oily residue on the ground.. if you go barefoot it gets stuck on your feet.

maybe we should have retiled the floor! :bsmilie: but eventually my grandfather passed away, and we realised that the walls are wierd, there are some things buried in the wall maybe, wierd bumps in the master bed room, found out that the previous owner's wife died in that room, and the previous owner and his wife used to fight and argue a lot etc.

Just a little question I have... Would you buy a house if someone died of an accident and bled to death? Would it make a difference if it was an ordinary peaceful death? Is it just pantang, or what? :dunno:

I was wondering about this after reading about the new sin ming drive funeral parlour...
Hey, unless you caused the death of the person, is there really a cause to be scared? :dunno:

As for the Sin Min Funeral Parlour, well, I'm kinda hoping it would be up and ready in like 6 to 7yrs time and see the value of nearby houses PLUNGE. Den I'll move in for the kill. :D

I won't buy it. As for your case, its occupant died suddenly. A tragic death. 'It' may return. There is obviously something wrong if cheap. Even a new hse, why ppl hold 'hse warming' parties? There is also a reason why ppl want to remove the whole roof when renovating a resale pte property.

yes. cos that's what i'm doing now.

but i think it is quite okay. i mean, well, sure, her ghost keeps popping out sometimes and she makes funny voices on some nights, but for that great price, i think tolerating her is worthwhile. there's no discounted lunch in the world you know, for that discount, some drawbacks have to be made.

Yes we must learn to live with the female ghost and give her the respect.

Always sleep to the left or right and leave space for her.

Well, bad luck to you if she is the hum sub type. :bsmilie:

well you can probably check the house with a dog, cat or even a baby (if you dare risk your own...) if the start barking or meowing at a same spot... probably something is wrong... same for babies... if they start crying non stop something is also very wrong...

just my 2 cents worth...

Just a little question I have... Would you buy a house if someone died of an accident and bled to death? Would it make a difference if it was an ordinary peaceful death? Is it just pantang, or what? :dunno:

I was wondering about this after reading about the new sin ming drive funeral parlour...

Bring some children there.......... if the kids like it, should be oki. Normally when you enter a new house... ask yourself:
- do you feel good/relax?
- do you feel like u want the house?
- do you feel soothing and wants to stay in the house longer/
- do you feel happy when u in the house?

If u dun feel any of those, then give it a miss. That house would probably not suits you. I brought my babies to see a house, dun feel good (as house was up for sale due to divorce).. short while later, my baby starts to cry and struggle. Bring her out of the house, she back to normal again...... so??? Pass loh.......... :dunno:

sometimes you can never tell lah.. unless the previous house owner says or the neighbours tell you

but ignorance might be bliss.. for a while :p

my grandfather bought a flat at a very cheap price before. apparently the previous owner had some dealing with some "mao-shan" dark arts, kinda wierd the first time we viewed the flat it was dim, gloomy, even when all the lights are on. the place's heavily smoked with incense, four corners of the living room ceiling was stuck with some talisman stuff..

well the price was good.. transacted.. and we realised no matter how we tried to clean the floor, with all sorts of detergents, magic clean and god knows what, the floor could never stay clean. becomes sticky very quickly, and there seems to be always some black glue-ey/oily residue on the ground.. if you go barefoot it gets stuck on your feet.

maybe we should have retiled the floor! :bsmilie: but eventually my grandfather passed away, and we realised that the walls are wierd, there are some things buried in the wall maybe, wierd bumps in the master bed room, found out that the previous owner's wife died in that room, and the previous owner and his wife used to fight and argue a lot etc.

Wah. SCARY :eek:

Yes we must learn to live with the female ghost and give her the respect.

Always sleep to the left or right and leave space for her.

Well, bad luck to you if she is the hum sub type. :bsmilie:

no lah. she's quite ok. but she very naughty, likes to catch me by surprise. she has her own little room.

no lah. she's quite ok. but she very naughty, likes to catch me by surprise. she has her own little room.

Ahh, room from private transaction here, she gives you the right numbers, you buy her whatever she wants.

no lah. she's quite ok. but she very naughty, likes to catch me by surprise.

Like roast you midnight Satay or join you in the bathroom while you're having a shower?

FIX636_PsychoShower_big.jpg

Hmmm, it seems many here don't mind staying in a house that someone has died in...:think:

How about this then? There's a particular house, freehold, medium-sized land plot in Seletar Hills, rather good location too. Currently vacant, going for a song. ( Real "fixer-uper")

Here's the catch, In the early 90's the whole family died in that house. How?

The father ran into a couple of bad, I mean really bad biz deals, became bankrupt, was going to lose the house and everything. So what did he do?

Well, he bought the portable LPG gas tanks, and seal up the whole house with masking tape. Ya know the windows, the main door. Turned on the gas and went to sleep. Whole family of 4 perished that night....

Worst news, the bodies were only found 2 weeks later when the neighbours complained of the smell.

Second catch, a few years later, another couple bought the house and moved in. They said they knew about the incident and they don't believe in such things.
They moved out after the second night. Why?

The gas stove in the house kept turning on by itself....

Now, I know for a fact that all manner of religious rites have been performed there, you name it, they've done it.

So? Anybody interested?:sweat:

*and no, I'm not a property agent, heheh.

Think I could buy that house for 2 bucks? :think:

Hmmm, it seems many here don't mind staying in a house that someone has died in...:think:

How about this then? There's a particular house, freehold, medium-sized land plot in Seletar Hills, rather good location too. Currently vacant, going for a song. ( Real "fixer-uper")

The father ran into a couple of bad, I mean really bad biz deals, became bankrupt, was going to lose the house and everything. So what did he do?

Well, he bought the portable LPG gas tanks, and seal up the whole house with masking tape. Ya know the windows, the main door. Turned on the gas and went to sleep. Whole family of 4 perished that night....

Worst news, the bodies were only found 2 weeks later when the neighbours complained of the smell.

Second catch, a few years later, another couple bought the house and moved in. They said they knew about the incident and they don't believe in such things.

Now, I know for a fact that all manner of religious rites have been performed there, you name it, they've done it.

Buy electric cooker.

How much har?

Sounds like a Eurasian family's murder cum suicide case happened at Jln Redop(also Seletar area) in 1981. Husband, wife and their 2 (6 & 12 yrs old) sons. Gas were released from 04 gas cylinders found in the living rm. I won't disclose names.

Ya ghost like to play electricity too. May be you can ask them to be like pikachu and generate electricity for you then you no need to connect with PUB and save more money, buy you must pay them back with hellnotes which is quite good transaction as they have so many zeros. Ha ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.