Would you bring a compact or DSLR for your holiday with your family?

Would you bring a compact, DSLR or m4/3 camera with you on your family holiday?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lomographer

Apr 27, 2009
Paterson Road
As title stated, would you bring your compact or DSLR or m4/3 system for your family holiday?

Places that you would visit is basically tourist locations, theme parks, attractions and shopping outlets/centres.

I'm mainly travelling free and easy with my family when at most locations, so we have enough time to spare to take pics of scenery.

Would you find it a chore to lug a camera bag there with such a heavy set-up plus your "travel backpack" packed with travel essentials whenever out of the hotel?

Share your view!

i would opt to bring a ultra light set-up for DSLR and a small compact.

that's it... i don't wanna forget the point of going on a holiday.

let me emphasise this is a family holiday... not photography trip :)

Mmm.. For me i think since I like taking pictures, i will enjoy my holiday + taking pictures with dSLR altogether..

I am going away tml .. i will be bringing my dSLR + compact+ plus FE2! haha

;);)

I enjoy travelling with my prosumer camera; it's light & can cope with most situation.

I'd bring the dslr, i took mine on my bali family trip, no regrets, no thoughts of "wah I wish I had brought the dslr"

haha;p

i'd bring both :thumbsup:

A D50 with 18-200, and a compact.

DSLR for me to use, compact for the family to take pictures of me.

Of course, the compact can be used to ask others to help take family group picture.

A D50 with 18-200, and a compact.

DSLR for me to use, compact for the family to take pictures of me.

Of course, the compact can be used to ask others to help take family group picture.

Agree on this
Compact can also use for movie.

It all depends on the weight tolerance of individual. Some can take 2 kg (of back pack) for whole day out; some can take 4 kg, but only half day.

Aiya,

one body and one 50 mm f1.7 or f1.4 can already... lens compact mah. hehe

Yeah man! On 2nd thoughts, the D5k can do it too! :devil:

Agree on this
Compact can also use for movie.

It all depends on the weight tolerance of individual. Some can take 2 kg (of back pack) for whole day out; some can take 4 kg, but only half day.

normally I would bring both.... the compact is in case my DSLR out of no where ganna the H1N1.....

last time when I still not sooo much into photography that time...was in jiuzaigou ...forget to charge battery....and I have to use my Handphone to take pic..lucky that was the later part of the day liao....or else cry also no tears....

1 Camera body (1D Mk II), Wide zoom (16-35), Tele zoom (70-200 f4L IS)

All in my Thinktank Speed Freak bag (Urban shooting) or my Billingham 306 (Rural places)

I bring both.

I've always brought both around..
My digicam is usually for normal places where I know I won't be taking much pictures and also to shoot a video with cos my DSLR no video.. ;)

1 Camera body (1D Mk II), Wide zoom (16-35), Tele zoom (70-200 f4L IS)

All in my Thinktank Speed Freak bag (Urban shooting) or my Billingham 306 (Rural places)

wah siao, 1D leh... damn heavy... plus 16-35 and 70-200? i think i will only bring the 16-35 if i were you.... are you gonna bring them all if you're going to niseko again end-year?

but your speed freak will be good for urban shooting, it's damn easy to carry around (waist bag).

As title stated, would you bring your compact or DSLR or m4/3 system for your family holiday?

Places that you would visit is basically tourist locations, theme parks, attractions and shopping outlets/centres.

i make sure my family is suckered into going into one or two locations i really want to go to,

and then i bring my usual "travel setup", i.e. 10-20 + 70-300 + 50mm and k20d (color body).. sometimes k100d ir + kit lens mounted, as well.

can stuff into hadley pro actually. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.