Would U guys buy a CASIO camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by sulhan
...with the brand conciuos ...people around......
it speaks for it self!!!!

but ain't CASIO a big brand name in todays world

how can it builds its line of cameras' reputation :dunno:

well casio uses other ppl's parts or designs anyway...
like their biggies use canon lens
their ex z3 uses pentax oem...
almost bought one (xxx3000) last time, but in the end bought the coolpix 990 cos the SLS ppl show me pattern when I ask about the casio...

they have innovative products like the QV2800/2900 series which were only the cheapest fully featured cameras offering up to 320mm zoom.

Casio should stick to their key strengths, watches and calculators, just as HP should stick to computers and peripherals :)

Originally posted by sriram
Casio should stick to their key strengths, watches and calculators, just as HP should stick to computers and peripherals :)

haha HP makes a lot of stuff-- calculators are one of the best...
casio rice cooker anyone? has mini LCD TV and a clock..

Originally posted by MrBig
but ain't CASIO a big brand name in todays world

how can it builds its line of cameras' reputation :dunno:

it's a name for cheap and innovative (to the pt of wacky).
I got no probs with this brand, even for digicams, after all u have sony, toshiba, panasonic, epson, hp, all the electronics players here anyways. some of these have products that easily shadow nikon, minolta, sigma, leica -- digicam wise of cos.

Originally posted by denizenx
haha HP makes a lot of stuff-- calculators are one of the best...
casio rice cooker anyone? has mini LCD TV and a clock..

hahaha :D

since when there's a CASIO rice cooker? I'd love to see one and maybe own one too :bsmilie:

from the poll I guess CASIO has a long way to go in today's digi cameras market

it's R&D gotta to be very innovative and the price has gotta be right :thumbsup:

CASIO cannot rely on it's successful EXILIM models 4ever

Am using the older Casio QV-3000 and am very happy with it! I can use it fully manual (aperture and speed) and macro is extremely good, just a little too big. But that's is also not too bad as it improves stability in my opinion, smaller cameras just slips out of my fingers......it was I think one of the first 3 megs cameras in those days (few years back only). It use the Canon lens, Sony also uses the Canon lens (they only call it Carl Zeiss.......), we really don't know whether the more bigger brands are fully 100% using their own parts anyway, so to say that Casio is doing this is not fair and unbiased......we only know once we open them up...........there is no logic to make all parts by ourselves nowadays.

Buy the camera that suits your needs and keep it. For me 3 megs is all I need so I really have no urge to go into 5 megs and higher, others may think differently. If one prints not bigger than 4R there is no real need to go higher anyway.......unless you want to support the industry....

Hong Sien

yupyupyup!

Maybe can have a local brand besides Enzer... call it Kuesio or something LOL

Just to add as it just came into my old rusty mind: the Leica and Panasonic (forgot model) are I assume exactly the same cameras, but I think the Leica is sold for a higher price, you really think the Leica is that much better (even if it was sold at the same price)? The Leica lens looks exactly the same as on my Casio/CanonG1-2/Sony..........

Hong Sien

Originally posted by hongsien
Just to add as it just came into my old rusty mind: the Leica and Panasonic (forgot model) are I assume exactly the same cameras, but I think the Leica is sold for a higher price, you really think the Leica is that much better (even if it was sold at the same price)? The Leica lens looks exactly the same as on my Casio/CanonG1-2/Sony..........

Hong Sien

yup Panasonic is using Leica lens and Casio using Pentax lens

yup Panasonic is using Leica lens and Casio using Pentax lens

Panasonic puts a Leica lens that was made by Canon, Casio using Canon and Pentax lenses........Looks like the lenses are at least made by Canon.....

WE ARE ALL TAKEN FOR A RIDE BY ALL THESE MANUFACTURERS!!! Watch out where you put your dollars.......boycot them! Don't buy cameras, give up photography!!! Buy pictures instead, made by me!

Hong Sien

Originally posted by hongsien
Panasonic puts a Leica lens that was made by Canon, Casio using Canon and Pentax lenses........Looks like the lenses are at least made by Canon.....

WE ARE ALL TAKEN FOR A RIDE BY ALL THESE MANUFACTURERS!!! Watch out where you put your dollars.......boycot them! Don't buy cameras, give up photography!!! Buy pictures instead, made by me!

Hong Sien

Haha

I like Canon...err...I mean I like the Canon girls keke:D

I like the image stablizer 2MP 12x optical zoom digi cam from Panasonic :thumbsup: - the only con thing is it's only a 2MP leh

As for Casio I only like the credit card size Exilim cameras - guess Sony is coming out with even smaller soon

Haha

I like Canon...err...I mean I like the Canon girls keke:D

I like the image stablizer 2MP 12x optical zoom digi cam from Panasonic :thumbsup: - the only con thing is it's only a 2MP leh

As for Casio I only like the credit card size Exilim cameras - guess Sony is coming out with even smaller soon
I've seen outputs at 400 from the pana 12x.. wow (as in crap)
but 100 seems pretty good (cos got pretty girl's portrait) and clean
the 2mp is not a real limitation if u post online, all's sharp in 800x600...

currently cheapest 5mp is sony's 5mp p92, auto cam. not too bad, but usual RED reds...

Status
Not open for further replies.