would u give up your seats for someone who needs it more than u?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kross

Sep 15, 2004
earth
if u see someone old or a pregnant lady would u give up your seat, say on the public transport, even though u're dead tired?

sadly, most ppl i see daily in the train either pretend to be asleep or pretend to be engrossed in reading something.... :sticktong

When I'm dead tired, I'm dead to the world. The sight of the suffering may invoke my compassion though. Depends on situation.

Yes always to a girl with extremely short skirt in the name of decency. :bsmilie:

i definitelywould but unless i am sincerely and truly sound asleep that I don't know what is happening..

but come humour in response to sion's, i wouldn't..i'll ask them to seat on my lap instead :bsmilie:

Yes always to a girl with extremely short skirt in the name of decency. :bsmilie:
how about asking her to sit on your thigh instead?
so both of you get to sit, a win win situation.

btw, I will give up my sit to anyone who is needed, cos I won't be dead tired, if I do, I will take a cab.

old grannies and ladies with "big tummy", yes, I will give up my seat to them coz dun want them to sit on my lap anyway:bsmilie: Pretty gal no, won't give up my seat but they can sit on my lap lah

if u see someone old or a pregnant lady would u give up your seat, say on the public transport, even though u're dead tired?

sadly, most ppl i see daily in the train either pretend to be asleep or pretend to be engrossed in reading something.... :sticktong

Most of the time I would... depends.:)

Eh? I thought you ride bike?

I used to stand... even if there are seats. how? :bsmilie:
I ride, drive, walk, take bus, cab or car pool, all depend on weather condition, distance, purpose of the trip, things need carry along and mood also.

anyway, give up sit is rather easy, but no everyone is able to handle the receiver decline your offer.

well, i normally stand when taking public transport... not that there is no seat... but since its not a long journey normally, i just stand and let others take the seat...

might be different if i take public on a daily basis thou...

well, i normally stand when taking public transport... not that there is no seat... but since its not a long journey normally, i just stand and let others take the seat...

might be different if i take public on a daily basis thou...

Then you have to bring along a collapsible chair with you. :bsmilie:

Definitely! But there are so many people among us who do not. Like what TS said, they will either pretend to sleep or busy reading. Witnessed it so many times. :angry:

There was once when I was in a bus, it was quite crowded & I have no seat too. A pregnant lady boarded the bus and nobody bother to give up their seat. A middle-aged uncle then walked to a schooling boy (teenager) and asked him to give up his seat to the pregnant lady. :thumbsup: The boy obviously was not happy and keep mumbling saying that the middle aged uncle should mind his own business. :thumbsd: :angry:

This is a public transport company problem..
we pay fares to sit not to stand..the ratio for standing passengers usually higher than sitted passengers:dunno:..those who wanna sit should be made to pay higher fares:bsmilie:..

if i'm not wrong..there's a rule impose on private buses that there should be no standing passengers..

This is a public transport company problem..
we pay fares to sit not to stand..the ratio for standing passengers usually higher than sitted passengers:dunno:..those who wanna sit should be made to pay higher fares:bsmilie:..

if i'm not wrong..there's a rule impose on private buses that there should be no standing passengers..

yawn.............
Name me one country where there's no standing passenger on its bus.

im guilty of refusing to give up my seat to a preggie lady - just once. that's like a week ago. i could barely woke up that morning, and my feet were hurting (working my arse out during the weekend) and from my house to the workplace the cab money would cost >S$20.

i usually sprang up from my seat whenever i see a preggie but just this one. i took the corner seat (those only 2 near the door) and this lady, instead of going nearer to the entrance in, she walked right in front of me and gave me that 'you better stand up' look and stood right in front of me. the guy next to me was sleeping (i think so) and then she put her hands on her waist. so i went :what: and then took out my psp to play. she then LL stood all the way.

am i selfish? i think i was and i felt really bad until now. we are all 'expected' to give up seats i guess, as i fully understand that it is really tiring to be preggie but hey, that kinda 'you owe me one million dollars' look is uncalled for. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.