would u give up your seats for someone who needs it more than u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think some ppl dont understand sick still must drag ownself to work. not everyone is fortunate to take mc or leave whenever feel sick. im due for medical checkup at hospital like another 2 weeks' time. Sg is becoming ungracious? it's not funny when ppl push you just to get seats sometimes , thats how ugly we have become.

Yes i agree with the ungracious and uncaring part. One can see such a scene almost on any train in the morning peak hours or knock off work peak hour. Aunties, uncles, yuppies who block the door, rush in when it opens, then give a very loud "TSK!!!" when they find themselves blocked. Like macam chiong in to find seat got free gift.

I see kids doing the same thing as well, rushing in to "CHOPE" seats, then earning praise from their parents. Disgusting. :nono:

Usually when i see preggies, i would give up my seat to them. Even elderly folks who look to fraile to stand for long periods. The more thankful ones would be the senior folks, they tend to thank you profusely or insisting you keep the seat. No doubt i wouldn't mind giving up my seat to these thankful people, even if i had injuries which make standing around too long .... tiresome and painful. Coz im big sized, people would naturally assume fit and strong. Wrong perception. :bsmilie:

Then i did encounter preggies who take it for granted. They take seats offered to them like "the person owed them" or "they deserve to have the seats" , usually give stern face to people to force them to give up seats, and when they have the seats...not even a word of "Thank you" or even a smile. They treat the person which juz vacated the seat as non-existent, and they go about doing their own thing like reading a magazine or plug in to some mp3 player. :thumbsd:

Giving up seats to the more needy is good. But if you are a preggie...please do not be so ungracious, nobody cares if u had a bad day or if you are tired or what. Please be nice to the gentleman or lady who gives up the seat to you. At least smile if you find saying "Thank you" a little too difficult to pronounce. :nono:

Giving up seats to the more needy is good. But if you are a preggie...please do not be so ungracious, nobody cares if u had a bad day or if you are tired or what. Please be nice to the gentleman or lady who gives up the seat to you. At least smile if you find saying "Thank you" a little too difficult to pronounce. :nono:

Well, I've given up seats to expecting ladies who sat for just a couple of stops and when they alighted, allowed someone else to rush for the seat instead of thanking and offering me back the seat. Makes me feel very stupid because I usually still have a long way to go.

Some are kind enough to say that they do not need it because they are alighting. Of course, there are also grateful ones.

Sometimes, if they don't return a gesture of thank, just have to take it that it's a social responsibility. :dunno:

What I also cannot understand is that there are people who will be alighting in the next couple of stops and they are just not willing to give up their seats not even for just a couple of stops!!... Sad!! :(

Well, I've given up seats to expecting ladies who sat for just a couple of stops and when they alighted, allowed someone else to rush for the seat instead of thanking and offering me back the seat. Makes me feel very stupid because I usually still have a long way to go.

Some are kind enough to say that they do not need it because they are alighting. Of course, there are also grateful ones.

Sometimes, if they don't return a gesture of thank, just have to take it that it's a social responsibility. :dunno:

What I also cannot understand is that there are people who will be alighting in the next couple of stops and they are just not willing to give up their seats not even for just a couple of stops!!... Sad!! :(

if im not alone to encounter such things....must be lots of people who are behaving this way. :bsmilie:

its only a matter of courtesy. Hate begets hate. It's infectious.

I was in the NEL on my way to work, busy keying fone numbers on my contact list.
Suddenly a lady(nice one...;)) from somewhere near the crowded train say"Excuse me!" turn my head up and she's actually looking towards me"Can you give this pregnant lady the seat" pointing to the lady to take over my seat.:embrass:
I said "sure,no problem".
You know what?.Not a single word or even gesture of gratitude from this pregnant lady.And not even a smile.From her look,she's well-dressed and educated office worker.
Ok.In the first place I feel guilty bcos why must I wait for someone to tell me to surrender my seat to somebody who needed it more.The only excuse...I was looking at my fone.
I am a 55 yrs old man sitting with my camera bag on my lap..I saw those sitting beside and around me are much more younger people reading papers and magazines.Some even sit down enjoying the seats and look at me like I've done something wrong.
I'm not complaining and I can say that the lady who asked me for the seat is doing the right thing and she actually thanks me for what I've done.
But what abt the gesture of the pregnant lady? she looks ok and healthy to me, and her tummy is not that big(..sorry not trying to be rude).
And what abt the people who realised/saw this pregnant lady in the first place should offer their seat earlier.Instead looked at me as if I'm not a civic-minded person.:dunno:

Sometimes I gave my seat to people much older than me or even family carrying infants or kids.But with nice gestures in return like word of thanks and smile will make us do
the good deeds forever without getting bored.

Am I a grumpy 55 yrs old man.
Or maybe I still looked fit and younger than I am.:bsmilie:
That's why I was asked to offer my seat to people who needed it more.:D

i will give up my seat to a pregnant lady but old ppl usually can move faster than me in getting seats so i can't be bothered abt them. :D

I was in the NEL on my way to work, busy keying fone numbers on my contact list.
Suddenly a lady(nice one...;)) from somewhere near the crowded train say"Excuse me!" turn my head up and she's actually looking towards me"Can you give this pregnant lady the seat" pointing to the lady to take over my seat.:embrass:
I said "sure,no problem".
You know what?.Not a single word or even gesture of gratitude from this pregnant lady.And not even a smile.From her look,she's well-dressed and educated office worker.
Ok.In the first place I feel guilty bcos why must I wait for someone to tell me to surrender my seat to somebody who needed it more.The only excuse...I was looking at my fone.
I am a 55 yrs old man sitting with my camera bag on my lap..I saw those sitting beside and around me are much more younger people reading papers and magazines.Some even sit down enjoying the seats and look at me like I've done something wrong.
I'm not complaining and I can say that the lady who asked me for the seat is doing the right thing and she actually thanks me for what I've done.
But what abt the gesture of the pregnant lady? she looks ok and healthy to me, and her tummy is not that big(..sorry not trying to be rude).
And what abt the people who realised/saw this pregnant lady in the first place should offer their seat earlier.Instead looked at me as if I'm not a civic-minded person.:dunno:

Sometimes I gave my seat to people much older than me or even family carrying infants or kids.But with nice gestures in return like word of thanks and smile will make us do
the good deeds forever without getting bored.

Am I a grumpy 55 yrs old man.
Or maybe I still looked fit and younger than I am.:bsmilie:
That's why I was asked to offer my seat to people who needed it more.

im juz wondering how come the woman who asked the question, targetted you instead of the younger ones sitting near you. You look very young for someone 55? :)

Yesterday I was on the MRT. I put on my earpiece, turned on the music and closed my eyes.

Two stops later, I opened my eyes to see a woman's big butt infront of me. Another guy was looking at me with disgust and mumbled something to the owner of the big butt who is as you would have guessed right now belong to a woman.

This guy then took out his mobile phone and aimed at me and attempted to take a shot.
I gave him a glare and he kept his mobile phone immediately but continued to grumble.

When the train arrived at City Hall, The person next to me stood up to alight from the MRT.
The "Big Butt" then grabbed the seat. The man who was with the lady was still grumbling staring at me.

I decided to turn off the music to hear what he was grumbling about. :sweat:He was grumbling to the woman whom now I know is his wife.... " SOME PEOPLE SO RUDE. DUN EVEN KNOW HOW TO GIVE UP SEAT TO 3 months PREGNANT WOMEN. I want to send the picture to stomp to show them how rude they are."

Since it was time for me to alight anyway, I just walked up to the man and said to him.
"I wun know your wife is pregnant if she faces her Bottoms at my face all the time." Then i left. :devil:

thats the problem with much stompers...they never check the facts, they just shoot first, upload later, then watch for "lynch mob mentality responses".

Surely they would have assumed you were guilty of 'pretending' to plug in to music and have shuteye when they came in.

Usual case would be, if a lady non-preg comes in, and someone gives it up for her. Wouldn't that be so insulting? :bsmilie:

Yesterday I was on the MRT. I put on my earpiece, turned on the music and closed my eyes.

Two stops later, I opened my eyes to see a woman's big butt infront of me. Another guy was looking at me with disgust and mumbled something to the owner of the big butt who is as you would have guessed right now belong to a woman.

This guy then took out his mobile phone and aimed at me and attempted to take a shot.
I gave him a glare and he kept his mobile phone immediately but continued to grumble.

When the train arrived at City Hall, The person next to me stood up to alight from the MRT.
The "Big Butt" then grabbed the seat. The man who was with the lady was still grumbling staring at me.

I decided to turn off the music to hear what he was grumbling about. :sweat:He was grumbling to the woman whom now I know is his wife.... " SOME PEOPLE SO RUDE. DUN EVEN KNOW HOW TO GIVE UP SEAT TO 3 months PREGNANT WOMEN. I want to send the picture to stomp to show them how rude they are."

Since it was time for me to alight anyway, I just walked up to the man and said to him.
"I wun know your wife is pregnant if she faces her Bottoms at my face all the time." Then i left. :devil:

hahaha.... thats why all pregnant women tend to face their tummies at your face. did that grumpy man reply to you then? ;)

zdragon, i had the same experience too, man..... i was reading the Today, i can only see those feet.... didn't realised there's a pregnant woman in front of me.... I let her sit down only after several stations, when i finished reading..... and all the people around were staring at me :embrass:......:sweat:

It goes both ways. If the needy doesn't ask for the seat, how would I know you need the seat? Unless I can tell clearly with my eyes that a) you're old b) you're burdened with many bags c) you're clearly pregnant

That 3-mth preggers lady is really ridiculous. If I don't know this person, how the heck would I know if she is just a little on the heavy side or she is really preggers.

Basically i feel our countrymen are quick to blame, once scapgoat is pointed out, all start blaming. Repeat sequence for any situation. Hahahaha

I think everybody got to be mindful, if really want comfort, should just take the cab already or drive. I don't think anybody would be that gracious if the preggie ladies joined the crowd on the trains or buses during peak hours. It would be a horrible and torrid adventure. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.