would u confess a crime/bad deed if u will never get caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Yeo

Feb 27, 2004
Sengkang
www.boo.sg
Let's see if u accidentally did a crime or bad deed and u will never get caught, will u confess to the victim?

eg of bad deed

1) accidentally saw someone's payslip, will u tell him?

2) accidentally peep at someone's answer at exam, will u tell the teacher?

3) accidentally scratch/bum into other's car, will u paste a note and tell the other car owner and ask him to contact u for compensation?

I'll have to be truthful here as I never tell lies...

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

:angel:

1) Maybe
2) Maybe
3) Maybe

depends la...

what about white lies?

u know , those tv show always show people got cancer and then the relatives lie to him that he is ok and though he is actually dying.

A lie is a lie, no two ways about it...

1) No
2) No
3) Yes

if there is harm done to another fellow, I will try to make right.
As for 1) and 2)... I'm more answerable to God than to that person.

If i reply all yes, will it be another lie? :think:

i guess the car thing is quite a big deal.but if i can get away then i shall not own up :x and nooo..for all the others.i mean why bother?esp if its accidental unless it did it on purpose than i might let my guilt consume me ;)

btw, these 3 are just EXAMPLES..... maybe u all met some other cases whereby you are struggling with your conscience if u shld tell the person?

another examples,

if there is some miscalculation in the price of items and u have paid for it, will u tell the cashier?

or if the ATM give u $100 when u withdraw only $10? (assume u never get ccaught) will u return to the bank?

depends. if there's no one hurt (physically or emotionally) and/or the cost involved is not significant, most probably no. but they r all pretty subjective and may be hard to quantify in some cases.

white lies r a different kettle of fish.
white lies r PR

INteresting. How to accidentally peep at people's answer during exams?
Peeping is already a deliberate attempt to see..

but still,

1) YES,
2) NO
3) NO. Because I dont think anyone will be kind like this. :D

Ans : No, but I will make sure I will not reveal the information to anyone.

Ans : Will them him the correct answer if he got it wrong.

3) accidentally scratch/bum into other's car, will u paste a note and tell the other car owner and ask him to contact u for compensation?

Ans : No, If it is a very expensive car that cost a bomb (they are rich anyway) . Yes and I will leave my namecard behind if the car belong to a those "disable" people since it is the only form of transport they depend on.

espn said:
I'll have to be truthful here as I never tell lies...

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes

:angel:

Cannot resist a philosophy poke at espn:

Question is - where do you not have to be truthful? :sweat: There blows the second part ....'as I never tell lies' :bsmilie:

I do not quite dare to face the three tough questions. :embrass:

question number 2 very interesting leh..

it depends on whether i "accidentally" peeped after of before i wrote my answers.

if before, then it depends if i copied the answers. but then then maybe the peeping is not by accident already. then most ppl wouldn't confess leh..

if after, then it also depends if i corrected my answers if they don't tally. if i peeped, but didn't copy.. then no point report the accident :p

i guess the conclusion is no in most cases of qn 2. unless bitten by conscience.

but if the bad deed is by my mistake, e.g. bumping of car, then yes, i'll confess

I not so kaypo... never as in i never see ppl's payslip...

I never copy ppl's answer... even thou i get 0 points & get caned...

3) accidentally scratch/bum into other's car, will u paste a note and tell the other car owner and ask him to contact u for compensation?[/QUOTE]
my skills are so good that only ppl bump into me... and the only time i ever bump another car, the guy actually is a cheat & cheated money from me...

1) siao ah? :sweatsm:
2) siao ah? :sweatsm:
3) siao ah? :sweatsm:

:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.