Would they say the same thing if China supplies Cuba?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh the hypocrasy of the American press, corporate sector and Government never fails to amuse me.
For decades they've been telling others what to do and now the boot is on the other foot they don't like it... Ain't life tough!

I think it is a retaliation after the Google fiasco.
Obama gave China some pressure on internet freedom..(of course, my own opinion is that I don't think Google is in the wrong here. But that is not the main discussion point of this thread.)
And now China is giving US a little bit of her own pressure.

Last edited:
The pot calling the kettle black and just like bickering couples, they hate each other but cannot live without one another. :bsmilie:

As it is, the international community will very much like the current status quo between the two largest superpowers to be maintain as the way they are now.

I think it is a retaliation after the Google fiasco.
Obama gave China some pressure on internet freedom..(of course, my own opinion is that I don't think Google is in the wrong here. But that is not the main discussion point of this thread.)
And now China is giving US a little bit of her own pressure.

Taiwan is a diplomatic issue that predates Google, has been since the 70's when the un kicked out taiwan from the security council and the congress reacted by passing the taiwan relations act.

As obama said, the us govt is not google's foreign policy arm, and that's quite clear. No govt will place google's interest above its national or strategic interest.

:embrass: erm... can discuss politics in Kopitiam, errmm.. right?

I thought I grew up looking stupid, so I spent my
whole life learning, discussing everything including
acquiring wisdom, pickering politics, enduring
belief systems and make believe "religion" and
the well kept secret of the world scripture.

Surprising the educational background of Kopitiam
was shut down with the old fashioned donkey of
people who never allowed themselves to be educated
and so give pressure to the freedom of expression
and writing.

:)

I thought I grew up looking stupid, so I spent my
whole life learning, discussing everything including
acquiring wisdom, pickering politics, enduring
belief systems and make believe "religion" and
the well kept secret of the world scripture.

Surprising the educational background of Kopitiam
was shut down with the old fashioned donkey of
people who never allowed themselves to be educated
and so give pressure to the freedom of expression
and writing.

forward, good to see you here.
Actually I fully understand the reasons behind it.
And I do not begrudge it at all lah... haha...
I feel that self-restrain and self-regulation is the key here.

That's probably the American's way of getting out of debt, selling arms.

Obama is a people person and America long history
has it that the big boy want to show he is willing to
help anyone in need.

Just look at what they did to the recent earthquake.
All other countries could not match them and honestly
putting many countries which did nothing to shame.

Another misconception. What private companies do don't directly american govt debt. Arms manufacturers are private companies just like anybody else. They're highly regulated, but that doesn't mean their revenues will bring down american govt debt.

Obama rating is at all time low.....he will loose to McCaine if he dares to run the election again :dunno:

So, they are trying to stirr up some nonsense to divert the press and public attention :sweat:

Think about it....I can understand the arm sale if it's purely for profit reason....but Dalai Lama??? What is he got to do with American Public...the only impression they had on Tibet was probably the snowmen in Mummy 3 movie :sweat:

I would welcome China as the new superpower, the world need an opposition :)

Think about it....I can understand the arm sale if it's purely for profit reason....but Dalai Lama??? What is he got to do with American Public...the only impression they had on Tibet was probably the snowmen in Mummy 3 movie :sweat:

Arms sales approvals are not for profit reasons, the govt does not make $$ from arms sales by companies. Such approvals are based on policy reasons, and in the case of taiwan, to comply with the taiwan relations act.

Arms sales approvals are not for profit reasons, the govt does not make $$ from arms sales by companies. Such approvals are based on policy reasons, and in the case of taiwan, to comply with the taiwan relations act.

What total Rubbish!

A Government makes money from Arms sales and any other sales via taxation of businesses.

Much as I'm proud to be chinese, I cannot support the way china acts on taiwan, tibet and the dalai lama. It just acts like a bully.

and the us is not a bully ? hahahaha. :bsmilie:

Just look at what they did to the recent earthquake.
All other countries could not match them and honestly
putting many countries which did nothing to shame.

this is like saying that a rich man who donates to charity regularly is entitled to throw its weight around sometimes, just because he has done good deeds. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.