would one get waiver for CC late fees?

dRebelXT

May 14, 2005
from citibank.. accidentally forgot then got this late fee for last month and i paid that already.
would it be possible to call the CS asking for a waivers like annual fees?

Since you have paid, may not be able to get a waiver. However, no harm trying.

Late payment charges will definitely be levied when payments are late, it would be a kind gesture if they are willing to waive that. Remember to pay on time next time. ;)

annual subscription fee confirmed will get waived all the time.

Late payment fees are able to be waived. Had tried before.

As for annual fee well you can ask for waiver if they dun waive simple la just cancel the card.

Applied for another card, if they want to retain customer they will waive it off. All my cards are waived off the annual fee.

Last edited:
Yes, but you need to call before they charge it, to waive, and make sure they don' deduct your points for this, happened to me once

HS

Yes. All you have to do is to call up the customer service and say that you want to cancel the card due to the high annual fees.

Most of the time, Citibank will waive the annual fees in order to encourage you to stay on as a cardmember.

As for the late payment fees, even though you have already paid for it, you can always try to ask them to cancel it by calling up customer service.

depending on banks. but usually late fees and annual fees can be waived but financial fees (interests) cannot.

Yes. All you have to do is to call up the customer service and say that you want to cancel the card due to the high annual fees.

Most of the time, Citibank will waive the annual fees in order to encourage you to stay on as a cardmember.

As for the late payment fees, even though you have already paid for it, you can always try to ask them to cancel it by calling up customer service.

thank you.. will try..
and thank you everybody.
i got annual fee waiver for all current cards also. :bsmilie:

depending on banks. but usually late fees and annual fees can be waived but financial fees (interests) cannot.

late fee can always get waiver is something new to know..
thank you..

late fee can always get waiver is something new to know..
thank you..

You can try it for about twice a year.. but any more than that, I think they will not. Based on what a friend told me.

when you missed your scheduled payment, the bank will impose a Late Fee and Interest on the amount. both of these can be waived, but it's up to the bank.

missed my payment while overseas. called the bank up and got both waived considering the amount is rather small.

Yes, but you need to call before they charge it, to waive, and make sure they don' deduct your points for this, happened to me once

HS

they can even waive the annual fee after they charged it to you. i do this all the time :bsmilie:

If the bank wants to, they can waive just about anything. I have asked them to waive the late payment fee, waive the annual fee after it was posted on the statement, waive the annual fee after I have paid for it.

For the late payment fee, as long as you have a good past payment record, most banks will waive it if you put in a request.

I not as naughty as you mah! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

eh... either they take back the card or they waive the fee lor. i didn't ask for the card in the first place... :bsmilie:

I not as naughty as you mah! :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Waiver of annual fees is so common now, some companies like UOB even has it automated (press button, no need talk to officers), then send you back an SMS when it's "approved".

Only exception I know is Amex, but even that has changed (got sent a mail with waiver for first year, which is a pretty good deal considering it comes with Feed At Raffles card)

Totally missed out on one of my Citibank CC bill; only realized when they sent me a 'final reminder' notice yesterday for failure to pay for 30 days. Late payment charge is around S$100..
Called in and asked for waiver, approved on the spot. :)

I told the officer I really forgot to pay on time due to busy work schedules. She said she will waive the annual fees. Happen for all the 3 CC i have.