Would members be interested in ....

Will you go to a paid ClubSNAP-organised mass gathering?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
... a ClubSNAP organised Gathering for members to mix around, chit-chat, get to know each other on a larger scale basis than SEEDs and in a more conducive environment?

Not promising anything, but say a Gathering is organised sometime around Christmas-time - the ClubSNAP Christmas Celebration 2002.

Seeing that we are currently a no-profit organisation ( ;p ) the event would have to be a paid event.

Please cast your vote to let us get a feel of whether this can go ahead.

wow.....perhaps can sell something and make some profit there too......:D :D :D

Originally posted by imaginary_number
What would we be paying for? Rental of a place or something?
Yup ... well ... its only an idea at this point in time, but if its going to be "large-scale" we will probably have to hold it in a venue like a hotel or SAFRA club event hall, or community club hall etc. and the $$ would go towards the refreshments, drinks, snacks, etc. Likely, the total $$ collected will not cover 100% so ClubSNAP will still have to fork out the balance.

The whole idea is to get the ClubSNAP community together in a relaxed environment ideal for mixing around (unlike photoshoots where ppl tend to be more caught up in taking pics; or SEEDs where to be completely honest, the environment isn't really ideal). Some activities that can be held in conjuction would be
  1. Swap Shop / Buy & Sell
  2. DIY showcase - show off your home-made reflector/rain-jacket/flash bracket etc
  3. Tutorials - eg portrait with proper lighting, macros, etc.[/list=1]Perhaps can even get an equipment manufacturer or two to come in and give hands-on demos.

Got student rate? just kidding.. heheeh I knock myself :kok:

sounds good!
but I do hope we can get student rates !?
(haha concession !?)

I'll hit it if it's within my allowance manz, but christmas might not be good then ? there're lots of pple with commitment on that day !?

hm....

Originally posted by tucker
sounds good!
but I do hope we can get student rates !?
(haha concession !?)

I'll hit it if it's within my allowance manz, but christmas might not be good then ? there're lots of pple with commitment on that day !?

hm....
students get discount voucher for next ClubSNAP paid event ... muahahahaha .... *cough* *cough* *choke* .... :D

Won't be held exactly on Xmas Day - around that time lah.

... how about if we organise a Bikini Babe Glamour Photography Tutorial at the same time/venue.

Perhaps a couple of Bikini Babes for the guys and a couple of Hunks for the gals ....

;) :light: ;p :devil:

Can we have a competition to see which image is sharper? from L lens or from ordinary lens?

/me waits to be flamed.

Originally posted by Darren
... how about if we organise a Bikini Babe Glamour Photography Tutorial at the same time/venue.

Perhaps a couple of Bikini Babes for the guys and a couple of Hunks for the gals ....

;) :light: ;p :devil:

Sounds good, can I bring my camcorder along as well? :p

Great Idea! Count me in.

I was just thinking, maybe we could have the "gurus" teach us newbies some techniques etc during the get-together like a bootcamp format! ;)

It could be organised as a whole day (or half-day) affair with techniques tutorial and Glamour babe shoot thereafter etc.

Equipment vendors are definitely welcome.. either they sponsored equipment or fund :)

Rgds,
Jeffery

Originally posted by Jeffery
I was just thinking, maybe we could have the "gurus" teach us newbies some techniques etc during the get-together like a bootcamp format! ;) It could be organised as a whole day (or half-day) affair with techniques tutorial and Glamour babe shoot thereafter etc.
This is a pretty neat idea... :thumbsup: while the gathering should be informal and relaxed, it's definitely a good idea to have some kind of programme as well so as to attract more members to come...

Woohoo! Count me in for the glamour, bikini babes thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.