Would members be interested in ....

Will you go to a paid ClubSNAP-organised mass gathering?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
... a ClubSNAP organised Gathering for members to mix around, chit-chat, get to know each other on a larger scale basis than SEEDs and in a more conducive environment?

Not promising anything, but say a Gathering is organised sometime around Christmas-time - the ClubSNAP Christmas Celebration 2002.

Seeing that we are currently a no-profit organisation ( ;p ) the event would have to be a paid event.

Please cast your vote to let us get a feel of whether this can go ahead.

Barrios

May 19, 2002
Visit site
wow.....perhaps can sell something and make some profit there too......:D :D :D

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Originally posted by imaginary_number
What would we be paying for? Rental of a place or something?
Yup ... well ... its only an idea at this point in time, but if its going to be "large-scale" we will probably have to hold it in a venue like a hotel or SAFRA club event hall, or community club hall etc. and the $$ would go towards the refreshments, drinks, snacks, etc. Likely, the total $$ collected will not cover 100% so ClubSNAP will still have to fork out the balance.

The whole idea is to get the ClubSNAP community together in a relaxed environment ideal for mixing around (unlike photoshoots where ppl tend to be more caught up in taking pics; or SEEDs where to be completely honest, the environment isn't really ideal). Some activities that can be held in conjuction would be
  1. Swap Shop / Buy & Sell
  2. DIY showcase - show off your home-made reflector/rain-jacket/flash bracket etc
  3. Tutorials - eg portrait with proper lighting, macros, etc.[/list=1]Perhaps can even get an equipment manufacturer or two to come in and give hands-on demos.

tucker

Jul 13, 2002
singapore
www.flickr.com
sounds good!
but I do hope we can get student rates !?
(haha concession !?)

I'll hit it if it's within my allowance manz, but christmas might not be good then ? there're lots of pple with commitment on that day !?

hm....

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
Originally posted by tucker
sounds good!
but I do hope we can get student rates !?
(haha concession !?)

I'll hit it if it's within my allowance manz, but christmas might not be good then ? there're lots of pple with commitment on that day !?

hm....
students get discount voucher for next ClubSNAP paid event ... muahahahaha .... *cough* *cough* *choke* .... :D

Won't be held exactly on Xmas Day - around that time lah.

Darren

ClubSNAP Admin
Staff member
Jan 16, 2002
Melbourne
... how about if we organise a Bikini Babe Glamour Photography Tutorial at the same time/venue.

Perhaps a couple of Bikini Babes for the guys and a couple of Hunks for the gals ....

;) :light: ;p :devil:

Klause

Jan 17, 2002
Bedok
Visit site
Can we have a competition to see which image is sharper? from L lens or from ordinary lens?

/me waits to be flamed.

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
Originally posted by Darren
... how about if we organise a Bikini Babe Glamour Photography Tutorial at the same time/venue.

Perhaps a couple of Bikini Babes for the guys and a couple of Hunks for the gals ....

;) :light: ;p :devil:

Sounds good, can I bring my camcorder along as well? :p

Jeffery

Jul 5, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Great Idea! Count me in.

I was just thinking, maybe we could have the "gurus" teach us newbies some techniques etc during the get-together like a bootcamp format! ;)

It could be organised as a whole day (or half-day) affair with techniques tutorial and Glamour babe shoot thereafter etc.

Equipment vendors are definitely welcome.. either they sponsored equipment or fund :)

Rgds,
Jeffery

M

Midnight

Originally posted by Jeffery
I was just thinking, maybe we could have the "gurus" teach us newbies some techniques etc during the get-together like a bootcamp format! ;) It could be organised as a whole day (or half-day) affair with techniques tutorial and Glamour babe shoot thereafter etc.
This is a pretty neat idea... :thumbsup: while the gathering should be informal and relaxed, it's definitely a good idea to have some kind of programme as well so as to attract more members to come...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom