Would anyone be interested in this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charvy

Jan 27, 2002
SG
www.urbanpixel.net
Edited: Since it can be bought locally, have pass the info to my friend.. so pls treat this thread as a FYI. :D

Speedball is a usability-enhancing hardware addition primarily targeted at laptop computers. The product consists of two half-spheres with adhesive or post & ball removable mounting blocks on the flat side and the curved side coated with a very smooth material. By attaching the two spheres to the far bottom corners of a laptop (near the screen, not the keyboard), the Speedball elevates the computer and offers:

Improved cooling
An 8° incline to improve the ergonomics of typing on a laptop keyboard for an extended period of time
The smooth underside of the Speedball makes it easier to move a computer around on a desk or other surface. Instead of having to wedge one's fingers under a laptop, the Speedball creates a small space that makes it easier to rotate a laptop for a client to view or merely pick it up to put into a carrying bag.
The Speedball is equally useful to stick under all four corners under larger pieces of hardware to easily swivel them for maintenance purposes.

The Speedball is available in either a stick on design, or a "post & ball" mounting system, which allows the removal of the ball if so desired, and easy re-attachment.

speedballtibook.jpg

speedballinstall.gif

http://eshop.macsales.com/Catalog_Item.cfm?ID=4921&Item=PSTSP342

If I have a TiPB, I would definitely get it... unfortunately, I only have an iBook... :cry:

Originally posted by carrot^
she can buy this from apple centre at wheel lock place

Issit? Sure? How much are they selling.. do u happen to know? :D :embrass:

Originally posted by charvy
Issit? Sure? How much are they selling.. do u happen to know? :D :embrass:

hmm.. not very sure how much but i think it's about 30 bucks or there about..

Originally posted by ivor
If I have a TiPB, I would definitely get it... unfortunately, I only have an iBook... :cry:

they have white colored one for ibook as well at wheel lock place apple centre

I do the same thing using old film container caps.....

stack 4 caps and tape them together and you have the same thing for a fraction of the cost

Saw it yesterday at Funan for $20...think the place is called Asia Computer something....sorry for the limited info....heh heh...short term memory....:p :D

Originally posted by kelster
Saw it yesterday at Funan for $20...think the place is called Asia Computer something....sorry for the limited info....heh heh...short term memory....:p :D

South Asia Computer?

Originally posted by kelster

Ehh.. do u still remember on which floor? :cool: trying my luck~ ;)

Originally posted by charvy
Ehh.. do u still remember on which floor? :cool: trying my luck~ ;)

3rd level

Status
Not open for further replies.