worthwhile to repair F410?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sectional86

Aug 15, 2005
Previous msg
i send in my F410 for repair last week and today the fujifilm tech called me today. my F410 has a circuit board problem therefore unable to focus properly, even though they changed the CCD already. the cost of replacing the circuit board is $340 :bigeyes: i was told it was not worthwhile to repair.

so i am now stuck with this option:
get the camera back and buy a new 1(which i already have, S5600 and my sis doesnt like bulky cameras)

OR

just fix the front blue LED ($80) and continue to use the camera(for my sis) for near but not far shots.

ok guys. i got a big problem. i didnt do the replacement of circuit board,thus no charge.

just got the camera back from the fujifilm this afternoon...my camera batt was flat so i test the camera w/o the adaptor.i came home and charged the battery.to my horror, i saw that the live and captured image were all in RED with vertical lines!!!i off the camera and on it again ok already. did some repeated on/off and it was the same result! i swear i didnt do anything to it. cant be possible the circuit board spoil until tat bad?b4 servicing no such problem...aft servicing even worst! cannot even use! shld i complain to fujifilm?

problematic

okay

another problematic one...

at $340.. you might as well top up a bit more and get a 2nd hand F10

I will recommend that you buy a second hand camera. I got my F700 (much better than the F410 in terms of usability and results) second hand for about $300. That's a 1+ year set, and I have been using it for about 8 months now. I did have to change the CCD, but that is a known F700 problem. Fuji did that for free, but the real price of the sensor change is $65. So at the end, I got for $300 a new sensor F700, quite a good deal. I have done over 2500 shots, and it is still running OK.

i see i see...hmm...guess i'll forgo the repair and maybe fork out a lil more to get my sis a reasonable P & S camera. quite sad to let this camera go cos i still got 1 brand new battery...

sectional86 said:
Previous msg

ok guys. i got a big problem. i didnt do the replacement of circuit board,thus no charge.

just got the camera back from the fujifilm this afternoon...my camera batt was flat so i test the camera w/o the adaptor.i came home and charged the battery.to my horror, i saw that the live and captured image were all in RED with vertical lines!!!i off the camera and on it again ok already. did some repeated on/off and it was the same result! i swear i didnt do anything to it. cant be possible the circuit board spoil until tat bad?b4 servicing no such problem...aft servicing even worst! cannot even use! shld i complain to fujifilm?

problematic

okay

another problematic one...
anybody can help?as of 1st post.

So you got repair ANYTHING for your camera when you brought it over to Fujifilm?

megascriler said:
So you got repair ANYTHING for your camera when you brought it over to Fujifilm?
i wanted to repair the LED lights and fix the focus/noise problem. i didnt proceed on with the repair aft the diagnose was circuit board problem which is very costly.

i took it back from the service center yesterday and came home to charge the battery and found the above problem which did not happen before. the technician did mention that he got change the CCD but it was not reflected in the service form.

Status
Not open for further replies.