worth watching Money not enough 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

egnaro

Dec 19, 2007
Boon Lay, Singapore
do you think it worth watching on big screen?

some may say, good movie, support local production,

some say lousy and lame movie.

what say u?

what say u?

i say money not enough to watch movie :bsmilie:

is rated 1.5 stars
worst than the fann wong show
so wat do u think ?

what say u?

To support for the sake of support is not support at all. You don't improve if it is not up to snuff. The only way you can help him or her or them to get better and push the envelope is by being real. This one is not good enough personally from what I heard about the script. Giving it a miss.

Royston is original ... Jack's the ripper ....:sweat:

heard in this show Jack even polish his air-con .... why pay to see him do that when you are seeing it for free on mediacock ....

Last edited:
would rather support royston tan for his 12 lotus

nothing is original from him, from his variety shows to his movie, all copied...
still got the nerve to mentioned stephen chow CJ7 copied from him :confused:
Actually so far his best effort was "Homerun" .... but ironically this was the show that broke my heart for Jack .... because this show he actually got the guts to come out and said he actually copied wholesale from the Iranian's masterpiece! :cry: what's a disappointment!

oh well, at least i did enjoyed i not stupid. both were pretty nice imo.

btw, anyone watched money not enough 2 yet? so far all opinions seem to be pretty "evaluative":bsmilie:. woah, but evil sia, 1.5 stars from straits times.:sweat:

oh well, at least i did enjoyed i not stupid. both were pretty nice imo.

btw, anyone watched money not enough 2 yet? so far all opinions seem to be pretty "evaluative":bsmilie:. woah, but evil sia, 1.5 stars from straits times.:sweat:

Have seen it and thought it sucked. Jack has just flooded the movie with product placement like Singtel F1 (most of the special efx $ gone to this), Ocbc Bank, Pokka etc. The list goes on and on. The products are practically shoved in your face.

The rest of the story sucks. It's melodramatic story about three brothers who just care about... money and how they forget their mudder. One or two nice bits about ERP but honestly save your $ because it's a crap show. I think 1.5 stars can be considered generous liao. The first one was much better and more coherent, and also not directed by Crap Jack.

Jack doesn't need your support; he got ten thousand companies to support him liao!

if watch liao feel its not worth, time & $$ also spent liao...

why arh? :faint: summer heat's getting to me...?

u watch liao den tell us? :bsmilie:

Last edited:
imo, I know it may be a lame show... but i like mark lee... he is funny... i am a lame joke lover... lol...

flip a coin yet? ;p

heads up = watch
tailsup = not watching

dun need to thank me... :bsmilie:

I thinking he should stop filming movies like the dramas series on tv. He's churning out movies which look and feel too similarly (like the dramas on tv). A movie that's 1.5 to 2 hours long should have a more polished feel especially when so much time and money is spent to shoot it.

Last edited:
Have seen it and thought it sucked. Jack has just flooded the movie with product placement like Singtel F1 (most of the special efx $ gone to this), Ocbc Bank, Pokka etc. The list goes on and on. The products are practically shoved in your face.

The rest of the story sucks. It's melodramatic story about three brothers who just care about... money and how they forget their mudder. One or two nice bits about ERP but honestly save your $ because it's a crap show. I think 1.5 stars can be considered generous liao. The first one was much better and more coherent, and also not directed by Crap Jack.

Jack doesn't need your support; he got ten thousand companies to support him liao!

omg...... reminds me of his second try at liang si mei. the whole play had singtel's *send adverts insert all over it.:confused:

jus watched it.

de "graphic" part is DAMN fake is all i can say.

The storyline not bad.

Its so fake that made it epic and damn funny. If u understand the language.

Actually so far his best effort was "Homerun" .... but ironically this was the show that broke my heart for Jack .... because this show he actually got the guts to come out and said he actually copied wholesale from the Iranian's masterpiece! :cry: what's a disappointment!

I think Jack Neo bought the rights to the script, it's a commercial thing. Now, if Jack Neo didn't buy the script, then it's an issue. It's like Infernal Affairs (HK) and The Departed (US). Martin Scorcese bought the rights for the HK script for US adaptation. There's no shame in that.

The Zohan.

I rather wait for the VCD and BORROW from other people.. :bsmilie:

Personally I thought it was a good movie.... money well spent .. I enjoy myself luffing in the cinema. =)

Personally I feel that it appeals more to the chinese dialect speaking people who are more attune to a bombastic way of communication and littering their prose with flowery expressions. There's one part when the eldest son came home and the mum was asking her whether he has eaten. He said he did. Being old and forgetful, she turned aorund a second later to ask him the same question again. This happened many times until the son relented and told her "no he hasn't" eaten and the story goes on. It's a normal everyday phrase that every parent will ask and probably most of us answer it Everyday. In the movie it uses one element in humor guideline in that scene (there are a couple of standard guide lines in humor much like the rules of the third in photography, leading lines ...etc ) to create the ridiculous effort to the everyday scene; and if the patrons can relate, they will find it funny, if not, it's below passing grade.

I think that if the movie-patrons hasn't even heard of those dialect phrases, then the movie is one tough theme to catch. I am quite surprise that there's lotsa malays who actually sat around me !!! Maybe like me, they have a more diverse command of our local dialects?

I remember when 881 was out, a non-chinese movie reviewer had to review the movie and on TV she gave it a below average rating.... I bet she's the only one in the cinema not laughing or tearing because she couldn't much grasped the language, much less the culture and therefore the theme. We cannot blame her. It's her job and she's entitled to her opinions. However, we have alot of wondering-minded people susceptible to such culturally chanllenged opinions. Imagine if I were asked to review a Hindu movie, and unless I see alot of half naked girls dancing and bouncing around, I would give it a bad rating as well !!! :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.