Worth to buy Tripod at Pc Show?

autumnbrazzer

Jan 2, 2011
With a budget of $100 Any tripod that is a good deal for a beginner?

don't bother with tripods at pc show...too crowded and too limited model/stocks and prob unattractive pricing for "decent" tripods.

$100 may be abit tight....If you can, stretch it abit to ~$180 and you can get a real decent one. Benro or Sirui are quite popular here. For Sirui, check out TKFoto on facebook. The pricing is listed there.

If you are going to buy any tripod, bring down ur camera with the heaviest lens setup and try it on the spot.

Have a look at the tripod selection guide here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/thre...elines-on-selection-of-tripod-and-tripod-head
Don't just rush and buy anyhow just because it's within your budget. If it turns out to be cheap rubbish you will buy the next one, spending more money in the end. Go and see the tripods in the shop before buying. Weight is something to feel, not to read as '2kg'.

make sure you tried it out with your camera mounted on the tripod, shop more and try more . . . .
it is worth investing in a good tripod then . . . cheers.

Buying a tripod is a hassle, but it might be the one component in your photography hobby that might last a long way. ( unless you decided to switch to a much heavier setup / format in future )

Most of us will advocate increasing the budget a little for a better one / with a better tripod head.
There are many considerations to purchasing a tripod, and much resources on clubsnap and google.

Good luck
Ryan

Why do people always think a PC Show is a photography expo? PC does not mean Pro Camera... :p

And even then, PC show deals SUCK. Look at the prices for HTC Flyer, Linksys routers, etc. It's all cheaper OUTSIDE.

hi ts im using the wf6662a till now no problem at all (maybe im lucky haha) but to me its a cheap and not bad tripod with ball head

i think now sgcamerastore selling it for $60 due to gss

TS... don't get any camera stuff in PC show, their pricing sucks... period.

Second... it is really difficult for any of us to give you any recommendation accurately without knowing the maximum weigh of your gears. When recommending you a particular brand without knowing all these is kind of... er... not very accurate. What happen if you go ahead and buy the WF6222A or whatever tripod that any one here had recommend and in the end it cannot meet your requirement or worst, your gear are too heavy and everything came crashing down.

thanks for the information. i will head down to the shops and try it. My heaviest setup is about 2kg. Was thinking of the fancier 6662A but it slightly wobbly when fully stretched

thanks for the information. i will head down to the shops and try it. My heaviest setup is about 2kg. Was thinking of the fancier 6662A but it slightly wobbly when fully stretched

I personally is using the Sirui R2004 tripod + a Sirui K-20X ballhead (but this would add up to be S$240 which is not within your budget. For 2kg, alot of tripods can be use. You might want to up your budget a bit and get the R-2004+G20, this would be a good setup that will get you through heavier weigh.

Can't stretch my budget so high as im a student still What about a $150

Sirui T1004X+G10 set up - S$169 @ TK Photo
If just want to have tripod, look for cannon tripod which is a free gift cost you only S$50-60 at B&S section, not bad for a beginner :)

Manfrotto 390 should be close enough to ur budget, my friend bought it at S$120 at last IT SHOW, i found it very sturdy but at the same time it's very bulky, if u dun mind the weight (2kg++) it will do u nicely, the panning head can hold till 4kg without problem :)

Sirui T1004X+G10 set up - S$169 @ TK Photo
If just want to have tripod, look for cannon tripod which is a free gift cost you only S$50-60 at B&S section, not bad for a beginner :)

for that amount? fancier 6662A a better choice?

Manfrotto 390 should be close enough to ur budget, my friend bought it at S$120 at last IT SHOW, i found it very sturdy but at the same time it's very bulky, if u dun mind the weight (2kg++) it will do u nicely, the panning head can hold till 4kg without problem :)

I will take a look. thanks