Worth to be a model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

innovas1

Jun 6, 2003
SG
How much can a model command per session?
Is it worthwhile to be a model and be shot by so many people at a time? All of them will have numerous shots of yours at different angles and risk body parts being accidentally exposed.. SOmetimes u will get bitten by mosquitoes, legs ache from too much standing on high heels, mouth aches from too much smiling, parched lips crack from dryness, eyes dry (forcing eyes not to blink while wearing contact lens) and eyes hurting from the sun rays/flash...

Does the pay outweigh the negative considerations? :think:

innovas1 said:
How much can a model command per session?
Is it worthwhile to be a model and be shot by so many people at a time? All of them will have numerous shots of yours at different angles and risk body parts being accidentally exposed.. SOmetimes u will get bitten by mosquitoes, legs ache from too much standing on high heels, mouth aches from too much smiling, parched lips crack from dryness, eyes dry (forcing eyes not to blink while wearing contact lens) and eyes hurting from the sun rays/flash...

Does the pay outweigh the negative considerations? :think:

yes, the pay is worth it. if not nobody do it.

the model i see at clubsnap photoshoot are still not at the high end level of singapore modeling industry. That meaning, some of them are climbing up (very few) and some of them will forever stagnant there. Once you climb higher up, the pay increases exponentially.

those model you see in newspaper/ magazine ads modelling high fashion or lingerie can fetch around $350- $500 for a day of work. $1000 a day is also not uncommon if it is a premium assignment.

zekai said:
yes, the pay is worth it. if not nobody do it.

the model i see at clubsnap photoshoot are still not at the high end level of singapore modeling industry. That meaning, some of them are climbing up (very few) and some of them will forever stagnant there. Once you climb higher up, the pay increases exponentially.

those model you see in newspaper/ magazine ads modelling high fashion or lingerie can fetch around $350- $500 for a day of work. $1000 a day is also not uncommon if it is a premium assignment.

Like Zoe Tay for example. ;)

those non-professional ones how?
zoe tay of course commands higher pay la.

innovas1 said:
those non-professional ones how?
zoe tay of course commands higher pay la.

please lah, if not worth it. you think the gal will do?

working for event can net between $8.5 to $100/ hr depending on how pretty you are, budget of client, cut from agencyand duties you are required to do.

ok these are the low end prices.... there is the range... there is no fixed rate.

zekai said:

working for event can net between $8.5 to $100/ hr depending on how pretty you are, budget of client, cut from agencyand duties you are required to do.

ok these are the low end prices.... there is the range... there is no fixed rate.
and....
agencies take months to pay u :confused:

zekai said:

everyone, or at least most ppl has to start from the bottom of the ladder. sometimes, somehow, someone may be lucky enough to start from the middle or the top!

why not worth if you really enjoy doing it?
like me, i will take yr photo for free now but if one day i become famous then ......

It is really good money. imagine 500+ for half a day of work. Did one in taiwan a few years back where they paid me and my friend 2k just for a brochures shoot. 4hrs work, you do the maths if it is worth it or not

This is what I called professional work which is respectable even you're not local there. :) :thumbsup:

I was paid 300 for 2 hours of posing in the library, when the orchard library was officially launched.

I look plain, but i loved the money!

if the money looks good, just go 4 it n learn some experience from it.

the negatives can ignore...unless they r very likely to harm u / make u fall sick/ harm someone else/ etc

Picture this: In a commercial shoot for an ad . . . A Professional model is better paid (say $1000 upwards for a half day shoot) than the make up artist, the art director, the photographer with his whole armoury of equipment and studio. Plus the less she wears the more she gets paid . . . the more often her photos appear the more she gets, whilst everyone else gets their standard fee for all their sweat and skills deployed to ensure she looked her solid gold best.

And if the pictures get rejected by the client and a reshoot necessary, the model still gets paid another session, whilst the photographer gets nothing since it is usually his fault or the art director's.

Status
Not open for further replies.