mulderangt3134

Jan 4, 2008
East and sometime North
Equipment Type: DSLR
Equipment Brand: Olympus
Equipment Model: E-500
Lens : 14-45mm
Price Asking : $550 firm

very new here , and i wish to take up photographing but budget is tight. So want to ask if this is good enough for a noob like me. Thanks :)

E500+ kit lens, if in good condition, 550 will be a good buy!

Or you could pay slightly more and buy a used Nikon D70 with a kit lens. On Canon side, a used 300D should cost around there too.

Consider carefully, or you'll spend unnecessarily later on when you decide to change to a different system.

And check out the feel. If you like the feel, then go for it.

you are buying into a camera system, not just the body itself.

as for your question on the resale camera, what's the age and condition of the camera and lens?

For $180 more you can get a NEW Pentax K100D Super with kit lens. (0 shutter count, limited warranty, in-body shake reduction, low noise at high ISO, etc.) :)

got a few sms today, this one seem to be the best i think, so i need the brothers opinion here.

Cannon 350D with 1yr plus warrenty and tamron 28-200 lens@760?? good?? plus one 1gb cf card and extra batt.

or buy new 40d?

40d is a different beast from 350 or e500 here. 40d with kit cost around 2.6k diff in prices too. But of course, if you want to take really good pics, the kit lens doesn't suffice once you're more serious, it'll set you back to 2+k for lens alone. But still, for learning 350D and E500 is good.

but this lens tamron 28-200 lens will be good enough right. anyway i meant a nikon 40x lol. 2.6k too much for me now.

but this lens tamron 28-200 lens will be good enough right. anyway i meant a nikon 40x lol. 2.6k too much for me now.

All I have to say is that once you buy a system be it canon or nikon its advisable for you to stick with that system so consider carefully. Regarding the models;

I've used a 350D for about a year I find that its a good camera for people who want to learn about DSLR but I believe that you gonna wanna upgrade it within the year. (and most importantly!! Its... SIMPLE!)

Nikon D40x is comparable to the 350D however I feel that the D40x has a better shutter action. (cant say much didn't use D40x before)

350D has better colors as compared to the D40x

Canon can use more lenses as compared to Nikon (duh)

I suggest you add a little more and go for something of a higher level that will serve you better and give you satisfaction for a longer period of time =)

Its ultimately up to you.

:p

Nikon D40x is comparable to the 350D however I feel that the D40x has a better shutter action. (cant say much didn't use D40x before)

350D has better colors as compared to the D40x

Canon can use more lenses as compared to Nikon (duh)

:p

tt what i think also cannon can use more lens compared to nikon

Status
Not open for further replies.