worth investing in flash more or teleconvertor more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lhc500d

Dec 1, 2009
worth investing in flash more or teleconvertor more?

i hrd that IQ will be affected abit if use teleconverter for zoom lens, and there will be a few drop in stop or something in term of aperture like from f4.5 to f6?

how does the calculation works?

i have 18-55 f3.5-5.6, 55-250 f4-5.6

if plus a coverter of 1.4 how much long would it turn each into? and how many drop will it drop?

and how about converter of 2.0 how much long would it turn each into? and how many drop will it drop?

ohhhh hha, so is there any decent teleconvertor that will work?

You would lose AF if you use the 1.4x or 2x TC with your 55-250.

The posted link has a lot of useful info, suggest you read it.

It is better to have a better flash than teleconverter. If you dont own any of it then flash is your next purchase. For converter it is a subjective case that you need to ask yourself whether do you need the extra lenght? I use a Kenko 300 DG 1.4 work perfectly well, home brand like canon and nikon have lots of limitation and expensive. Tried 2x the image quality and focusing speed degrade abit but acceptable.

but if shoot those nitelife and clubbing scene alot, in the club stock light is it enough? as in i know for the "still" foto whereby people post for camera is ok, but for those "action" foto of people dancing and all

depends on what you shoot...

both don't even do the same thing...

but if shoot those nitelife and clubbing scene alot, in the club stock light is it enough? as in i know for the "still" foto whereby people post for camera is ok, but for those "action" foto of people dancing and all
For such shots in low light (presumably), I think a flash is needed more than a tele-converter.
In order to get freezing moment shots in low-light conditions, you need flash unless you have super high ISO (which I think it's may still not be enough to shoot w/o flash). :D

ya i just went out shooting basketball at nearby basketball court, i choose faster yet darker, brighter yet some image blur..

any guide i can read "guide" somewhere on roughly what speed is require for each type of sports? for both daylight and nite

depends on what you shoot...

both don't even do the same thing...

sports shooting is more of my hobby, clubshooting is more or less done on regular basis stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.