worth getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uginz

Feb 4, 2004
is it worth getting a C8080 now?
or will the price drop further?

I guess that is one question everyone asks every now and then.

Buy now higher price and enjoy the cam. Wait and lose the benefit of use buy cheaper and perhaps suffer the consequences of technology rendering it 'obsolete'.

C8080 has been in the market for sometime now so I think its a good time to buy.

Can Camedia bros and sis advise our friend here?

why get c8080? Might as well get E300 since the price dif between E-300 and C8080 not that great?

ysk said:
why get c8080? Might as well get E300 since the price dif between E-300 and C8080 not that great?

in fact, with the release of the E-300 body alone, someone on a tight budget can get it with a cheap sigma lens and start shooting, still can get very good results. total outlay is about same as price of brand new C8080.

The lens on 8080 is formidable, sharp and fast. Optically, the E-300 with the kit lens is not able to provide the same specs.

If you are not ready to spend on lenses now and in the future, the 8080 is better. However, if you've plan to expand further, then the E-300 is a better choice.

Yup i know the cost between the c8080 and E300 are abt the same.
maybe coz i forgot to mention my primary use is for UW photog. E300 although has more room for growth, the cost the housing, oem or third party is just too much for my budget.

c8080 set is just rite. but i'm just worried that if i buy now, the price will suddenly drop drastically next week or something.

thanks to everybody for your comments.

uginz said:
Yup i know the cost between the c8080 and E300 are abt the same.
maybe coz i forgot to mention my primary use is for UW photog. E300 although has more room for growth, the cost the housing, oem or third party is just too much for my budget.

c8080 set is just rite. but i'm just worried that if i buy now, the price will suddenly drop drastically next week or something.

thanks to everybody for your comments.

Hi uginz,

All things being equal, improvements in technology and competition will benefit consumers because of lower costs over time. Buy what you need when you need it; there is no best time to buy techno stuff. And if you buy your c8080 today or tomorrow, don't go around comparing what others might be paying a week or a month later - you'll get frustrated. I'm using my c8080 with pleasure, still do after many months... I'm not looking at its price now, I'm looking at the great satisfaction each time I shoot with it :) Go get your c8080; you won't be disappointed by its image quality.

Hi uginz, heard that casing for c8080 not too reliable, u have any review or users feedback on this casing?

Status
Not open for further replies.