Worth getting Memory Stick Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean

Apr 16, 2002
www.pbase.com
Besides the increase in capacity for Memory Stick Pro, there is some speed increase from the old Memory Stick to the new Memory Stick Pro. However, the speed is usually determined by the camera, especially in the entry-level series.

Will there be any improvement in performance if using a MSP for entry level DC instead of using a Memory Stick Select which is much cheaper?

Thanks!

The MS Pro is 8 times faster than the orinigal MS, and will be useful when shooting at max quality on a 5MP camera like the F717, resulting in less time saving the image, especially in TIFF.

amethyst said:
The MS Pro is 8 times faster than the orinigal MS, and will be useful when shooting at max quality on a 5MP camera like the F717, resulting in less time saving the image, especially in TIFF.

Thanks amethyst,

I understand performance would be improved for DCs like F717 which is a very high end camera, but I'm referring to the lower-end models like P32/52/72. How much of an improvement would it make?

Also, heard that it is the read speed that would be faster, not the write speed. Any one can confirm?

Cheers!

No cameras or hardware at present supports the parallel writing capability of the MSPro, even on the F717.

The F828 will be the first to support that feature, so expect to see great improvements in speed on that camera.

On other present hardware that supports the MSPro, the speed improvement is minimal (5-10%??).

Darkness,

Thanks for the reply!

Guess that answers whether I should go for the much more expensive MSPro. Besides the 5-10% increase in performance and longer record time for video, there is little reason to go for MSPro now.

:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.