worth buying Diamond for lady?

worth buying diamond for lady

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya... I think my teacher did told me about this before... I cant remember what is the actual content... but something like this...

Actually they don't revert back to coal. It took the right amount of heat intensity (think about 1600) and extreme pressure to make the hardest material known to men. And even then under very specific condition or it will jump straight to graphite instead of diamond state. Left on it's own it will not revert or deteriorate. The only thing that will cause it's molecular state to change is again heat....Depending on how hot, it could either change into graphite or burn up into nothing becoming CO2. But it will not revert to coal again.

Last edited:
Diamond not worth it! Better wait for while and buy her Iphone 3G.

Wait the minute... are we talking about HTC Diamond?

diamonds...are not worth it, if anyone watched the movie Blood Diamonds

im just glad my counterpart prefers pearls and gold over some transparent rock. hehehe :sweatsm:

Diamond not worth it! Better wait for while and buy her Iphone 3G.

Wait the minute... are we talking about HTC Diamond?

at least its more useful. oni cant wear on 1 finger... :bsmilie:

Actually they don't revert back to coal. It took the right amount of heat intensity (think about 1600) and extreme pressure to make the hardest material known to men. And even then under very specific condition or it will jump straight to graphite instead of diamond state. Left on it's own it will not revert or deteriorate. The only thing that will cause it's molecular state to change is again heat....Depending on how hot, it could either change into graphite or burn up into nothing becoming CO2. But it will not revert to coal again.

talking about diamond,.... stop buying after buying the camera.... I mean this diamond http://www.stantondj.com/v2/cartridge/facts_difference.php The diamond wouldn't last forever..

diamond not for the 60th anniversary ah? :bsmilie:

diamond not for the 60th anniversary ah? :bsmilie:

60th anniversary will be celebrated by selling all you've owned online. no more 'ka-ching' when retirement approaches... :bsmilie:

In my opinion, its not worth it. Before I comment further, let's define the word 'worth'. People should know the true story behind diamond. Why diamond is so expensive and why it is view as a symbol of love is because of the company 'De Beers'.

Initially, diamond is thought to be rare materials. However, after a large diamond mine is found in South Africa, those who invest in diamond quickly realized and feared that the diamond price will drop. Therefore, they monopolized the market and make the famous slogan 'a diamond is forever'. Forever, as in you shouldn't resell the diamond, you should keep it with you forever, because it is a token of love. Therefore, the market won't overflowed with diamond.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in giving something precious to love one as a token of love, but to me, the whole diamond as a token of love thing is just a marketing gimmicks by those big companies. There are plenty of other precious and beautiful stones. Besides, talking about beautiful jewellery, I heard that there's a type of fake diamond, 'Cubic Zirconia', which is more beautiful than diamond itself, but at a cheaper price. Of course, lots of people will think of it negatively because it is well-known as a 'fake diamond'.

Full articles about the behind-the-scene story of diamond can be found here.

w w w .theatlantic.com/doc/198202/diamond

In my opinion, its not worth it. Before I comment further, let's define the word 'worth'. People should know the true story behind diamond. Why diamond is so expensive and why it is view as a symbol of love is because of the company 'De Beers'.

Initially, diamond is thought to be rare materials. However, after a large diamond mine is found in South Africa, those who invest in diamond quickly realized and feared that the diamond price will drop. Therefore, they monopolized the market and make the famous slogan 'a diamond is forever'. Forever, as in you shouldn't resell the diamond, you should keep it with you forever, because it is a token of love. Therefore, the market won't overflowed with diamond.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in giving something precious to love one as a token of love, but to me, the whole diamond as a token of love thing is just a marketing gimmicks by those big companies. There are plenty of other precious and beautiful stones. Besides, talking about beautiful jewellery, I heard that there's a type of fake diamond, 'Cubic Zirconia', which is more beautiful than diamond itself, but at a cheaper price. Of course, lots of people will think of it negatively because it is well-known as a 'fake diamond'.

Full articles about the behind-the-scene story of diamond can be found here.

w w w .theatlantic.com/doc/198202/diamond

I think if i pick up any stone and keep it in the display self, it shd last till I die...

I only invest in my wife not GF.

Tell her she is worth her weight in diamond and buy her one to match.
Question is will she dare wear it out? :bsmilie:

101631851.jpg

Tell her she is worth her weight in diamond and buy her one to match.
Question is will she dare wear it out? :bsmilie:

101631851.jpg

what if she reply U buy me one such size diamond I definitely wear it out... where going to afford of get such a big diamond... lol

Whats that behind you!

Depends on the definition of "worth".

A lot of guys don't understand what's the point of stuff like flowers (pretty but will die soon) or diamonds (no resale value, just a stupid rock). But let's look at it from another perspective also. Some women also don't understand why guys are so obsessed with computers games, audio, video or camera equipment that could easily equate to the price of a diamond. Sure, can justify that you shoot = got $, or got resale value, or whatever. But we're comparing apples and oranges in terms of worth here. An item does not need to have resale value or $ earning capabilities in order to be considered to have "worth".

Worth can be a smile on someone's face (in the case of the flowers, I mean. If it only takes a diamond to make her smile then your relationship is in big trouble :bsmilie:) Or worth can be simply doing something just coz you feel she is worth it. Doesn't matter if you understand it, doesn't matter if you "get" the worth. Just like she sometimes gets you stuff that she doesn't "get", but because it makes you happy, and it's important to you.

I know of a guy who after his gf work so hard to get him the higher paid assignments, encouraged him, gave him ideas so he could get him the equipment and car he said is so important to his career. Before that, he never got any photography assignments. When the time came to propose to her, he yelled at her a few times regarding the need for a diamond ring. Just think the immense price diff b/w the car and equipment cost, and the measly diamond as a token. Not to mention how without her he would not even have gotten the assignments that paid him enough to buy his own equip/ car.

As husbands and mates for life, the questions we should ask are:

1. What is her perceived monetary value of the diamond ring
2. What is her perceived emotional value of ownership of a diamond ring
3. What value you put into this relationship
4. What can you afford
5. How much you love her

lastly, its about being the right person for your wife, not the other way round.

sacrifice abit lah... you think the L lens gonna push your wheelchair ah?

Its not so much the diamond but the significance that comes with receiving the diamond from their lover/spouse.

By giving a diamond to your girlfriend/wife, you are playing a part in living her fantasy, all women hope to, or at least try to make believe that they are living in a fantasy life like those romantic movies they watch or romantic novels they read. To be swept off their feet by someone they love and to receive that elusive diamond. You will get aunties and feminists who say this is nonsense but deep down they are longing for something like that to happen.

Much the same as for photography nuts to receive (best is free) the ultimate camera body or that ultimate lens.

do you think it worth buying Diamond for lady?

some feel too much money for rock which is only good for cutting glass..

just want to know how everyone feel about it.

1. Worth or not worth it is up to you. Remember-- it's your money, you're giving it away to someone else, the only thing is instead of giving pure cash you have converted it into a rock and given that away.

So I guess the question is whether you are getting back anything valuable in return for what you are giving. Only you know the answer to that.

2. But from a financial perspective, diamonds appreciate over time, like property, like land. So strictly from this perspective, over time it's definitely worth buying as you can beat inflation.

3. Most diamonds you can buy are not for cutting glass. The type that is for cutting glass are normally sold to companies, and not in the jewellery shops.

But why would you think of getting anything back in return?

when i proposed to my gf, now my wife, i gave her a 0.14 ct diamond ring. it was tiny! but that ring was all that i could afford. i'd save every dollar for two years to buy her the ring. and guess what... she loved it!

you see, it's not about the ring, that's just a symbol, it's about the woman. as adam said, 'how much is she worth?' to me she is worth everything. and she appreciated that.

she was very happy to see that to me she was worth everything. even though it was just a small amount... i had given everything i had to this woman because i thougth she was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.