worth buying Diamond for lady?

worth buying diamond for lady

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For wedding you definitely need one. Even if she is not the materialistic type imagine how she will look if she has to explain to all her friends / relatives when they ask her how come she not wearing a diamond ring after the wedding? Just like how you will have a minimum standard as to what to wear to suntec, there should also be a minimum standard as to what you should get when proposing to your gf. You don't have to buy a 100k ring but should be a reasonable size, color, clarity and whatever other c there is....

You might also want to go further to add...how will she explain to her friends and family why she choose you over some other better guys that is there for the picking. Would you want her to defend you...her choice ...over what others have to say about it?

If a woman give in to that kind of notion and would cave-in and be made to feel bad that she is not wearing a diamond ring after she is married...well...what else would she succumb to at the mercy of other's comments and hearsay. It will not stop at just the ring comparison don't you think? A relationship is about two person no? What you can afford to give or not give...if you two love each other that much to get married and make a life togeher....why should the size of the rock be that important.

Another thing....I don't often see lots of married ladies at work and in social event spotting diamond rings. Wedding gold bands yes but rarely a diamond one.

Anyway...no right or wrong...just choices we make and will have to live with.

You might also want to go further to add...how will she explain to her friends and family why she choose you over some other better guys that is there for the picking. Would you want her to defend you...her choice ...over what others have to say about it?

If a woman give in to that kind of notion and would cave-in and be made to feel bad that she is not wearing a diamond ring after she is married...well...what else would she succumb to at the mercy of other's comments and hearsay. It will not stop at just the ring comparison don't you think? A relationship is about two person no? What you can afford to give or not give...if you two love each other that much to get married and make a life togeher....why should the size of the rock be that important.

Anyway...no right or wrong...just choices we make and will have to live with.

such women are not serious about relationship, just go along with the guy who chase her with all the bling-bling. so chin chai (anything goes) wan.:flush:

that diamond ring may outlast the marriage. :devil:

such women are not serious about relationship, just go along with the guy who chase her with all the bling-bling. so chin chai (anything goes) wan.:flush:

that diamond ring may outlast the marriage. :devil:

Well...Diamond are forever after all heheh... human weakness and fragility is not.

seriously i feel buying gold is more practical then diamond... like buying rolex is oso an investment. but gold a bit too ex now...

Well...Diamond are forever after all heheh... human weakness and fragility is not.

after giving big & costly diamond ring must jump through a hoop on flames as a test of love! the will to sacrifice!

but must sign indemnity form to absolve any blame on future wifey.

long live the queen! :bsmilie:

Last edited:
seriously i feel buying gold is more practical then diamond... like buying rolex is oso an investment. but gold a bit too ex now...

Same i also feel this way but now is not the right time buying gold seeing the how high is the price right now.

But then again, who wears gold nowadays (Probably not for the chinese), mostly going for white gold instead..

Last edited:
Same i also feel this way but now is not the right time buying gold seeing the how high is the price right now.

But then again, who wears gold nowadays (Probably not for the chinese), mostly going for white gold instead..

i must really give a :thumbsup: to all jewelry seller, they can sell these worthless rock and metal at such a high price.

Someone told me this, the price of the proposal ring have to be 3 times what the you earn:angry:... (crap)

well, i wonder if you're attached or getting married soon or something,

most girls I know do expect something from their bfs, some are more realistic, some are not. the 3X monthly pay is just a guideline. I know a lady friend who insists on not getting a diamond ring for engagement, kudos to her bf...

for myself, i proposed when i was still a student, so whatever X monthly pay...it's not going to hit the roof right? so I always tell pple to propose asap....so that it's 'cheaper'!

I like your saying "... so I always tell pple to propose asap....so that it's 'cheaper'!"

Anyway it is a matter of how much she is worth to you. The price/size of the diamond is just a symbol. Buy something you can afford I believe if she loves you, she'd understand your plight. Dun forget the 'upgrading factor' later on... if you buy her a 1.0carat now for proposal, then wedding anniversary? Birthday? when she give you your first child?

So my advise, get something you can afford with sustainable value for now then promise her an upgrade later. Rather then almost drowning yourself for the piece of rock now and no future to it. :bsmilie:

i think the moment you start talking about "worth" and "women" in the same breath, there's already a problem :devil:

hi guyz... actually I am quite worry that if my GF saw this thread, not becuz she get mad or watever, it because the vote no. is pretty close to each other...

she may tell me say, look so many ppl say buying diamond to lady is worth it, let go Citigem now... :eek:

hi guyz... actually I am quite worry that if my GF saw this thread, not becuz she get mad or watever, it because the vote no. is pretty close to each other...

she may tell me say, look so many ppl say buying diamond to lady is worth it, let go Citigem now... :eek:

citigem very good liao..wait till she says go see... http://www.heartsonfire.com/ :devil:

u can find HOF at all TIAN PO outlets locally

Last edited:

You will be lucky if she asked you to go Citigem as their prices are much cheaper compared to Lee Hua or others... :bsmilie:

OT a little.. my friend's sister got her BF to buy her a 2 Carat diamond from Tiffany & Co. which cost ard $60K if i didn't remember wrongly for only the diamond.. :sweat:

You will be lucky if she asked you to go Citigem as their prices are much cheaper compared to Lee Hua or others... :bsmilie:

OT a little.. my friend's sister got her BF to buy her a 2 Carat diamond from Tiffany & Co. which cost ard $60K if i didn't remember wrongly for only the diamond.. :sweat:

that is crazy... if she come to me and ask mi to get her a 2 carat diamond which cost 60k i will say u go slp with the snake better... 60k can built a studio... haha

even if i am millionaire maybe i will consider a lot of time... 60k can invest in lot of thing...

that is crazy... if she come to me and ask mi to get her a 2 carat diamond which cost 60k i will say u go slp with the snake better... 60k can built a studio... haha

even if i am millionaire maybe i will consider a lot of time... 60k can invest in lot of thing...

Thats what i told my wife also.. haha. madness... spending so much on a diamond, i rather spend on my equipments..;p

Thats what i told my wife also.. haha. madness... spending so much on a diamond, i rather spend on my equipments..;p

wise man think alike... rather go for all SHG lens.. 7-14, 14-35, 35-100, 90-250, 150 F2, 300 F2.8 = total damage for lens ard or max 32k...

cheaper then the pcs of rock...

I still remember a something that my chemistry teacher (a female by the way) taught me 20 years ago - "Diamonds are not forever".

After all, they are carbon with different iostope/molecular structure & would revert back to carbon in a few thousand years.

One thing's for sure, try saying that to your woman at your own risk. :bsmilie:

I still remember a something that my chemistry teacher (a female by the way) taught me 20 years ago - "Diamonds are not forever".

After all, they are carbon with different iostope/molecular structure & would revert back to carbon in a few thousand years.

One thing's for sure, try saying that to your woman at your own risk. :bsmilie:

ya... I think my teacher did told me about this before... I cant remember what is the actual content... but something like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.