Worst experience in my life dinning at Bali Thai (Suntec City)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherkel

Jul 31, 2005
Pulau Ubin
Just want to share an very unpleasant incident happened at this restaurant Bali Thai at Suntec City Basement.

Today we have a gathering at Bali Thai. We ordered Ala Carte Buffet for 11 persons.

1) Management:thumbsd:: Assistant manager no EQ. He is not happy with the way we order our dishes because we split into 2 orders (not to forget is buffet). Told us not to confuse them. His tone is totally not acceptable. We get very upset and ask him what should we do, want us to leave? He replied up to you if you want to. We were so shocked that we were asked to leave when we did nothing wrong. Just because he got confused about the orders. He mentioned that lesson leant for us. We got even more upset!

2) Service:thumbsd:: very bad. To ask for service, we have to try many attempts to get the attention of the staffs. We ordered free flow of drinks and we need to ask them to refill for us. And they did it one glass at a time per requested even thought other glasses were empty. The staff can be found standing chatting with each other wiping tables but refuse to walk round tables to see any plates to clear or drinks to top.

This is the worst restaurant with the worst service that we have ever visited. Will be the first and last time visiting. Is not a cheap lunch buffet for $25++, $5 to add for free flow with 18 dishes on the menu. The food is not nice too compare to other restaurant serving same type of food with the price offered.

Last edited:
lol, a lot of singapore restaurant like that what, must see your luck :bsmilie:

lol, a lot of singapore restaurant like that what, must see your luck :bsmilie:

That’s the thing I very curious about. I went to Taiwan for 16 days and visited their restaurants and even road side stalls and shophouse eateries. The people there are so polite. They greet you while you step in, and greet you when you go off even deciding not to eat there. Considering Singapore needs to depend on Service to boost the economy, we are providing these kinds of services. Hais....Shameful indeed.

I think you kenna the cold treatment, must have started on the wrong foot... in other countries they may pretend to be polite when customer try to be difficult or trying their patience and then the spit in your food before serving.

../azul123

Considering Singapore needs to depend on Service to boost the economy, we are providing these kinds of services. Hais....Shameful indeed.

that's to do with work pride

nothing to be done - that is an individual problem.. and it is growing :)

i think in singapore, most people see their job as a means to an end - i.e. working = enjoyment, clubbing, drinking, playing..

maybe it is the case, but at least, one should have some minimum pride over what he does, even if he doesn't enjoy as much as he wants to :)

I think you kenna the cold treatment, must have started on the wrong foot... in other countries they may pretend to be polite when customer try to be difficult or trying their patience and then the spit in your food before serving.

../azul123

:bsmilie: Just one visit to the kitchen is all that is needed to know the possibilities.

../azul123

I like the way you say it. Although in service lines, the service provider is not supposed to behave thus, but still humans are humans. It's just 'suay'. Even the best of service staff can have terrible attitude.
I'm not saying that the manager is correct. He is certainly in the wrong.
But just that sometimes things just happen like that.
Maybe it would have been better to just quietly leave the restaurant.

Just came back from a free and easy ski trip to Korea. I must say the service level in Seoul, even in those homestyle small eateries are very good, even if they don't speak english, they will try their best to understand your orders. :thumbsup:

I would say the service level in Taiwan, Korea and Japan are a few levels above what we have in Singapore.

Even in Beijing and Shanghai, some establishments are on par or even better than Singapore in terms of customer service. :think:

I've never ate at the Suntec branch before. But the one at Novena Square, never gave me problems.

Since they asked you to leave, then if i were you, i'd had left.;)

That’s the thing I very curious about. I went to Taiwan for 16 days and visited their restaurants and even road side stalls and shophouse eateries. The people there are so polite. They greet you while you step in, and greet you when you go off even deciding not to eat there. Considering Singapore needs to depend on Service to boost the economy, we are providing these kinds of services. Hais....Shameful indeed.

i totally agree with you. Was in Taiwan for 2 weeks and I would say it was a humbling experience. It doesn't matter if you are at expensive eateries, roadside stalls or small family run restaurants.. the service they dish out is really from the heart.

I really wan to leave..but one of my friend mention that we continue to stay to see what going to happen...so we stay on to see...and what we see is only bad service...

at the start already unpleasant, then why you stay on???

for me, like Ninja, i will just walk out.

because we already have our food half way through. We dont wan to be like them..;)

Next time if you go out with such a big group, better test the food first

HS

Do not anger staff before you finish meal. many additives can be done to your food/drinks.
I have heard enough horror stories even coming from a 5star local hotel kitchen in orchard. If they want you to suck dirt, they make sure you enjoy the food while they laugh behind. And, you still need to tip them with the 10%.

that i agree. I personal saw before because I work in F&B for years during my studies. All the 'not good' things I have personally seen it. But I always remind my staffs no matter what, do not urgue with customers. Put it in a nice way if we want to let know something.

Having meal outside, we can only close eye and pretend know nothing about what is happening in the kitchen. It is happening everywhere. Thats the truth but no solid evidence to catch them.

We just want a place to sit down and chat. My friends just dont want to blow it big on the spot. So we let it goes. But I dont want others to have pay money for the lousy service as a consumer.

I agree, vote with your feet.
If enough people do it, they will get the message.

Service in China is brilliant. Even places like HK do better. Enough said about our poor service.

Spread the word on them.

must remember hor. last year and this year is their tourism years. they ad a lot. bo bian need give good impression and earn as much as they can :x

Status
Not open for further replies.