Worst experience in my life dinning at Bali Thai (Suntec City)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get very upset and ask him what should we do, want us to leave? He replied up to you if you want to. We were so shocked that we were asked to leave when we did nothing wrong. Just because he got confused about the orders. He mentioned that lesson leant for us. We got even more upset!

Well he must have known in large group there will be at least one guy who dont want to leave. You should all just leave the guy who want to stay behind.
Seriously you pay, got disappointed and god knows what additional thing you guys have eaten on top of the food they are serving you :sweat:

Then come and complain here.

must remember hor. last year and this year is their tourism years. they ad a lot. bo bian need give good impression and earn as much as they can :x

ad is from the tourism board, not the service people. and there's no way to control everyone to make sure they provide good service.

do u think the service standard here will improve if our tourism board spend millions more on ads? dun think so.

can refuse to pay the plus part :)

If you look at the whole service industry in SG, how many % are locals?

sad to say, the person who started it is an local and he is the assistant manager...the manager is from philippine..she is much better, at least carry a smile on her face when she serve.But then, she don't even to apologise to us..

They really need proper training.

Well he must have known in large group there will be at least one guy who dont want to leave. You should all just leave the guy who want to stay behind.
Seriously you pay, got disappointed and god knows what additional thing you guys have eaten on top of the food they are serving you :sweat:

Then come and complain here.

Well, you can say that am complaining here. But I am more to share the bad experience and hope that others don't go through it like we did.

As consumers, we like to spend our money on a good purpose right? Well, we pay the 10% service charge for??Not to forget the cost of the meal has already added the overhead cost in. So we are paying extra for the service. Just a sharing, if still wanted to go to that place and dine, you won't be stop ya..;)

i am shocked and disappointed to hear of your ordeal... shouldn't be the case in the service industry... thankfully i've never encountered such problems.

Singaporean services need to improve by a mile as compared to other countries. I went to France 2 yrs ago and my frd and me were finding things to eat. We past by a bakery and this shop owner saw us was looking at the display, came out and greeted us and introduce us the breads. My frd and me decided not to eat as we wanted something filling, so we decided not to buy anything. The shopowner however thanks us for patronzing and greeted us to have a pleasant trip.

We also made a tour to Vienna, we past by a bakery by chance too and see what nice, this kind lady was closing the shop and again my frd and me decided not to buy anything. The lady is kind and said she closing the shop, so she gave us like 3 bags of bread until we had to like really stop her from giving us too much! Come back to think of it, it really heartwarming. I would go back Europe again cos the people there are really nice, except Italy ......

Last edited:
If you look at the whole service industry in SG, how many % are locals?
Please don't make it a Singapore against foreigners discussion here! In fact all this bad service thing started well before the foreigners came in in big numbers, and don't talk about the courtesy campaign the government started more than 15 years ago!

The last one was to educate the locals if you don't know.......ask yourself it it has helped

In my experience, the many Philippino waiters/waitresses actually give better service

Pride makes one blind of their own mistakes........

Whether one gives bad or good service does it make a difference if that person is local or foreigner?

HS

I think good service is a 2-way street. When I made my son to earn his own game console during school holiday working as a waiter in a restaurant, I can see big changes from him as a customer overnight. He is more understandable for delay/wrong items being served and will thank the server every time he is being serve. He also shared with me he sometimes want to "kill" his unreasonable customers. But, at the end, I think the experience made him a better person.

Only if everyone has a chance to be at the receiving end of those unreasonable customers...

Can I recommend CHILLI PADI at heng mui keng terrace, Tel: 6872 2982 at NUS.

They have an ala carte buffet at promotional price of $11 plus which includes satay, pai tee, rojak, mutton rendang, penang laksa (cooked on the spot), free flow of lime juice etc.

It is really value for money and the food is good quality.

http://www.chillipadi.com.sg/Eateries/HmkCafe.aspx

I think good service is a 2-way street. When I made my son to earn his own game console during school holiday working as a waiter in a restaurant, I can see big changes from him as a customer overnight. He is more understandable for delay/wrong items being served and will thank the server every time he is being serve. He also shared with me he sometimes want to "kill" his unreasonable customers. But, at the end, I think the experience made him a better person.

Only if everyone has a chance to be at the receiving end of those unreasonable customers...

CS TAN, I can empathise with you! No point getting upset though cos it is their business that is going to be hurt with such bad service and not you. Give them another 6 months and I am sure they wont be around Suntec.

Why would you go to a place called Bali Thai - balinese and thai fusion? :bigeyes:

CS TAN, I can empathise with you! No point getting upset though cos it is their business that is going to be hurt with such bad service and not you. Give them another 6 months and I am sure they wont be around Suntec.

Why would you go to a place called Bali Thai - balinese and thai fusion? :bigeyes:
I think CS Tan meant, that he wanted to get his son to be more understandable for waiters/waiteresses, and other service oriented jobs, as they are at the receiving end of anything the restaurant or company does wrong/good. And that perhaps in this case there is more than is being written here, we only hear one side of the story........

It sometimes also boils down to how some customers here in general can be very demanding.......

Bali Thai: A Thai living in Bali opening a restaurant

HS

I think CS Tan meant, that he wanted to get his son to be more understandable for waiters/waiteresses, and other service oriented jobs, as they are at the receiving end of anything the restaurant or company does wrong/good. And that perhaps in this case there is more than is being written here, we only hear one side of the story........

It sometimes also boils down to how some customers here in general can be very demanding.......

Bali Thai: A Thai living in Bali opening a restaurant

HS
Hi HS, thanks for making the clarification for me. Yes, I am just sharing my thoughts on why Singapore service industry is getting to such a sad stage and I believe we, the customers also need to bear certain responsibility. I am not accusing TS for not providing an accurate story, just feel that if the people working in customer service line has to endure a lot of unreasonable and demanding customers day in and day out, after a while, they will turned into the cold and non caring customer service person that we get to meet so frequently. And, whose fault is that?

Please don't make it a Singapore against foreigners discussion here! In fact all this bad service thing started well before the foreigners came in in big numbers, and don't talk about the courtesy campaign the government started more than 15 years ago!

The last one was to educate the locals if you don't know.......ask yourself it it has helped

In my experience, the many Philippino waiters/waitresses actually give better service

Pride makes one blind of their own mistakes........

Whether one gives bad or good service does it make a difference if that person is local or foreigner?

HS

That's exactly my point!

S'porean themselves are demanding and do not want to be in the service industry so we have to get foreigners to fill up these vacancies and when the foreigners who give better service than the locals, the ppl are not happy and demanding more.

S'poreans always want cheap, good and fast.

I wonder how many actually received very very impressive services before?

That’s the thing I very curious about. I went to Taiwan for 16 days and visited their restaurants and even road side stalls and shophouse eateries. The people there are so polite. They greet you while you step in, and greet you when you go off even deciding not to eat there. Considering Singapore needs to depend on Service to boost the economy, we are providing these kinds of services. Hais....Shameful indeed.

agreed taiwanese courtesy is impressive!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

agreed taiwanese courtesy is impressive!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fully agreed.... even you can see how they behave in taking public transportation

Here... OMG :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Sorry TS for OT

Status
Not open for further replies.