worst dragonfly pic i took..

Status
Not open for further replies.

amsyari

Mar 3, 2006
woodlands
Dragonfly.jpg

pls tell me what to improve

Hi I am no expert, juz another newbie here. Just want to give my own views about your pic.. The dragonfly doesn't seems to be in focus and its framed too up(the wing is touching the top of the frame liao).. The wings and the leaves(I presumed) on the bottom left and right hand side of the pictures are very distracting. They seems to be very over-exposed. Lastly the pic are quite noisy.. Maybe you can use a lower ISO next time or use noise ninja to eliminate the noises in ps..

the post processing on this picture is not good at all, maybe you'll like to consider posting the picture with lesser or no post processing for a start.

If it's true what your title says ... you should not even bother to post this. Post your better ones and the gurus here can help comment on how to improve.

hmmmm....looks like the pic is very overexposed...must adjust aperture/shutter speed according to the conditions...as for noise - pic tends to get noisier if taken at dark conditions..recommended settings for macro lens (with flash) is shutter 1/500, aperture f/18...just need a bit more practise...

scandisk said:
hmmmm....looks like the pic is very overexposed...must adjust aperture/shutter speed according to the conditions...as for noise - pic tends to get noisier if taken at dark conditions..recommended settings for macro lens (with flash) is shutter 1/500, aperture f/18...just need a bit more practise...

:think: i hardly use that setting, depending on the setup and environment, different settings applies

scandisk said:
recommended settings for macro lens (with flash) is shutter 1/500, aperture f/18...just need a bit more practise...
recommended by who?

recommended by me lah....as this is the setting ive been using most of the time for macro insect shots...of course adjustments have to be made according to conditions..

thanks to all the Gurus for your kind advise. will learn through ur advise:D

how about the pics i took at this..newbies tryouts?

Interesting photo. Personally think its rather artistic, at least not as bad as the title said. Maybe you can consider lowering the exposure next time :)

from yr exif, you are using 350D, at ISO400,1/200s, f11 at 125mm. Wonder which lens you are using?

You must have done something to introduce so much noise. My guess is that you original photo was underexposed and you tried to brighten it up.

There is no way 350D at ISO400 will give you so much noise if you had not altered the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.