Worn-out flashbulb affects colour temp?

crustacea

Nov 13, 2006
macrostudios.multiply.com
Hi guys, I need some help in something... The pics I have been taking recently with my external flash is starting to become rather warm. Could it be that the flashbulb got worn out and caused a shift in colour temp??

I haven't changed e settings on my cam, so im pretty certain that's not e problem. Anyway, I'm using an Olympus E3 with a FL-50 flash.

Any help would be much appreciated =)

Yeah.. a worn out flash will have a yellowish flash cover and this will definitely give a warmer colouration. Also, the flash bulb will be characteristically different.

yea, the clear plastic frensel lens on the flash head turns yellowish over time..

yea, the clear plastic frensel lens on the flash head turns yellowish over time..

My slightly yellowed front covers on me Metz actually resulted in much more pleasing skin tones without really affecting anything else! :cool: Unfortunately someone in the know koped that unit! :cry:

Hi guys, thanks for letting me know.I'll send my flash in for e bulb replacement soon.

Sorry to hear bout e theft, dream merchant...hope u can get e guy that stole it

Another way to solve, you can use the blue diffuser for external flash?
Not sure whether it work.. :dunno:
theoretical it works, but how you know need to add how much blue for correcting it?

old flashbulb has already work very hard due to lower output, adding gel will just make them even harder, it may RIP sooner.

CC gel filters is not cheap, might as well just replace the flash tube or get new flash.