Status
Not open for further replies.

Garion

Nov 26, 2002
West side of S'pore
Visit site
Time to dig out that old Khong Guan biscuit tin...or Milo container... :p

http://www.pinholeday.org/

What is the Worldwide Pinhole Photography day?

This is an international event created to promote and celebrate the art of pinhole photography.

On this unique day, we encourage people throughout the world

* to take some time off from the increasingly technological world we live in and to participate in the simple act of making a pinhole photograph.

* to share their visions and help spread the unusual beauty of this historical photographic process.

When is the Worldwide Pinhole Photography day?

The Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day is held each year on the last Sunday in April.

The next Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day is on Sunday, April 24, 2005.

Worldwide Pinhole Photography Day, Pinhole Photography, and... YOU!

Why Pinhole Photography?

A unique personal experience!

* Pinhole photography allows you to make a photograph that requires only a light-tight container (box, can,...) with a tiny hole in one side (as a camera) and any photo-sensitive surface in it. You can adapt an existing camera, or make the camera yourself . The experience of image-making becomes a little more special when created with your own hand-made camera; so, we provide different instructions in making your camera on our Support page.

* With your own camera, infinite depth-of-field, skewed perspectives, and slower exposures, you may ultimately become more creative and more selective about what you choose to photograph. Magical things happen in pinhole photography...

Sad.........

Cannot find any event held in Singapore.

I still have a pinhole camera, but don't have 45 sheet film holder or roll film back with me.

Maybe I can make a pinhole on the DSLR body cap, but will they accept digital pinhole? :think:

catchlights said:
Sad.........
Maybe I can make a pinhole on the DSLR body cap, but will they accept digital pinhole? :think:

This is an interesting method. I bought a cap and tried obtaining a digital-pinhole image, and had horrible results. This was a while ago and I tried it on an old D30. Maybe the newer cameras/sensors would work much better. If you give this a try and are successful let me know what you did. :thumbsup:

Mind share with us why is the result horrible? Too noisy due to long exposure?

Saw this in the net somewhere, a photographer made pinhole on the body cap, but also attach (Glue?) an UV filter on the cap to prevent dust problem.

Now I have a shoot and a meeting on that day, maybe try out digital pinhole next time. :)

I've modified my holga and shot a roll. If it turns out well, will post the results and shoot on WPD! :) Is anyone else shooting that day? Maybe in the future we can have a pinhole outing and our very own activities for WPD.

Gluing/attaching a filter to the pinhole body cap is a good idea, to keep the sensor clean of dust during long exposures. That's what I read too.

catchlights said:
Mind share with us why is the result horrible? Too noisy due to long exposure?

You're exactly right. It was way too noisy to use. The D30's sensor is much more noisy than some of the modern sensors. I have a new camera now, and will give it another try soon. UV filter over the pinhole is a good idea for dust protection.

-steve

AReality said:
Hey...
Izzit possible to use polariods for pinhole?
Why not? The basic idea is a lens-less photography, it can be using film or photographic paper, and now in digital also.

singapurasteve said:
You're exactly right. It was way too noisy to use. The D30's sensor is much more noisy than some of the modern sensors. I have a new camera now, and will give it another try soon. UV filter over the pinhole is a good idea for dust protection.

-steve
OIC, maybe that’s the one characteristic of digital pinhole pictures, the filter over the pinhole is not my ideas, just stumble across in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.