World Press Photo 2009 winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally went down to Santa Monica to see the exhibition.

Impressive and really prepared me for the documentary trip to Chile.

I think one Singaporean made it but it was only a honorable mention. The series was shot in china after a massive earthquake.

Think the exhibition came here two years ago but not last year? Well hope it comes back.

The sequence of pics on stoning is very powerful and disturbing.

I think one Singaporean made it but it was only a honorable mention. The series was shot in china after a massive earthquake.

well, an honourable mention is still something. :)

sometimes it's not about winning these things. after all, who do you shoot for? :) it would be a sad day if all of us started shooting to win competitions or to hang accolades on our necks in the long run.

There's a huge gap when you compare the photos by AFP and Reuters to local stuff. Hope the gap is bridged one day.

There's a huge gap when you compare the photos by AFP and Reuters to local stuff. Hope the gap is bridged one day.

Singapore has a small pool and very few outlets that do photo stories. Photojournalism is also suffering around the world. Those doing it really need to do it for the love.

Peter's series is a good example of how a lot of people residing in Singapore, fail to see that we have more content for photography than many think they know.

Sometimes, you gotta look beyond the obvious. Kudos to the winners. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.