Status
Not open for further replies.

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
http://worldphotoday2005.com/

World Photo Day will happen this year on 1 June and attempts to record images from around the world within those 24hrs

Entry is by pre-registration at the website above. Lots of other information in there

Message from the organizer:

OVERVIEW:

The goal of this project is simple: to show the world we live in through the eyes of photographers worldwide, on one day in the year 2005.

This in no way is a contest. It is merely a platform for all to enjoy and review with pleasure.

One does not have to be a professional, but simply a creature who finds the commonplace intriguing. I would like to show the way we live, work, and play during the course of our normal activities. It can be a cattle rancher on the plains of the midwest in the USA, an individual plowing fields with a water buffalo in Vietnam, a baker who has baked the same great cookies for longer than you can remember. Everyday life is the key here.

The date for this project is June 1, 2005.

I retain, personally, the right to accept or deny any submissions at my sole discretion. Your submission of any photos indicates your acceptance of this.

My hope is we will all gain pleasure from participation, looking through the eyes of others, allowing us to imagine what we were personally doing at the same time, on the same day, on the same planet!

I truly hope we all gain a better insight into the lives we lead: the difficulties, the triumphs, the beauty, the pain, the good and the bad, all in one day.

What a journey it shall be.

Thank you.

Drew Rossman

------------------------

FAQ: Who is organizing this project?

The project organizer is Drew Rossman, a self-professed "junkie" of just about everything. From technology to simply sitting by a campfire with desert nomads, it is all here for us to take in and enjoy. Favorite motto: "Life is Short, Get Out and Play!" To be born human is an astonishment. What a complex string of events has to fall into place for us simply to "be." To do anything less than make the most of it, with this one short life, would be sad

LazerLordz said:
1st June is rapidly approaching :)

thanks for the reminder!

some more information i received .......

---------------------------

IMPORTANT information regarding your photo submission to World Photo Day 2005.

You will receive NO FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS regarding
uploading your photo. Save this information.

It has finally been determined that your ONE photo
submission on June 01, 2005 will be directly to the WPD
site through a very simple user interface.

All that you will need is your name, a password, and your
email address.

Follow this link http://www.PhotoGroup1.com to ACTIVATE
your account in the WPD gallery. I suggest you do that
now. In the event you have any difficulties they can be
sorted out ahead of time.

** NOTE:** WorldPhotoDay.com and WorldPhotoDay2005.com
will go directly to PhotoGroup1.com beginning June 01,

I have calculated, that even if you spend just 5 seconds
viewing each photo, you will have many hours of visual
pleasure.

That's all, and let's have fun! Oh yes, ask your friends
and associates to join us please.

Questions, comments, ideas: email
drew@worldphotoday2005.com

REMEMBER: The photo you are to submit MUST BE TAKEN on
June 01, 2005 between 00:01 and 23:59 GMT.

Drew Rossman
Project Director
WorldPhotoDay2005.com

My submission ..

oldman.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.