World cup's coming to sg!!!! Woooooo!!!

unless one day brazil, argentina, germany, spain, england, france, holland collapse, i somehow don't see asean countries qualifying for the WC.. before we even think about it, will have to overcome the likes of japan, south korea, iran, australia, etc. then can say..

unless one day brazil, argentina, germany, spain, england, france, holland collapse, i somehow don't see asean countries qualifying for the WC.. before we even think about it, will have to overcome the likes of japan, south korea, iran, australia, etc. then can say..

There is a slot for the hosting nation. That's why SA was in the competition last year. Qatar will also qualify WC for the first time in the next next world cup.

There is a slot for the hosting nation. That's why SA was in the competition last year. Qatar will also qualify WC for the first time in the next next world cup.

oya.. but they will have to do massive infrastructure improvements to stand a chance. australia made a bid for the 2022 but were unsuccessful, although i think their infras are reasonable

Maybe......

But hopefully it does. 2030 I would be 36 years old already haha.

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/01/17/2030-world-cup-asean-why-not.html

But if all ASEAN countries combine, how many slots would they give to the host? A mini competition amongst the hosts for spots in WC?

each continent gets a turn at earning that tourist dollar..
since qatar is hosting 2022, 2030 will be too soon for asia.
u're looking at 2042 earliest for an opp, unless someone can come up with an offer fifa cant refuse.. :think:
on the bright side, lotsa time for u to get the necessary experience.. :bsmilie:

Slowly wait.... S.E Asia don't have enough $$$ to 'butter the hands' of FIFA judges... :think:

ya ... they give a slot to host nation Singapore
guess wat .. it will be like sending lambs to slaughterhouse .. bloodbath

:cry:

My best bet will be on China bidding to host the World Cup in 2026 or 2030 if the country is up to it. Its been 3 years since Beijing Olympics. It has shown what it takes to host such an event. Hopefully it will succeed.

better dun... it will mean SG throwing face in global wide TV!

sure bet AOS on this match :bsmilie: