Workshop - Zone System For Digital Photographer

Status
Not open for further replies.

photopurist

Apr 8, 2005
Singapore, Earth
Do you know the Zone System? If you do, you probably think that Zone System is only in film photography or by an old fart like Ansel Adams.

To know more about the system, or how to use it in modern-day digital photography. Call Larry at 98805223. This is a FREE workshop. I need at least 8 person to a group. Will meet on weekends.

Okay...okay... The workshop is FREE. But don't expect me to pay for your lunch, coffee, tea, or beer.

Register please.... First come first serve basis. This is a good time to learn new techniques and make new pals.

Oh... a little info about me. I am a RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology in Rochester, New York) photographic illustration graduate. I have been shooting professionally for more than 5 years, both in Singapore and the U.S. Throughout those years, I attended many workshops from renown photographers and digital imaging gurus such as John Sexton (Zone System and fine art printmaking), Jerry Uelsmann (Zone System and fine art printmaking), Lois Greenfield (studio lighting techniques), Art Wolfe (wildlife and outdoor photography), Nick Vedros (commercial and still life), Greg Gorman (portrait and studio lighting techniques), Scott Kelby and Felix Nelson (Photoshop techniques) and Katrin Eismann (digital retouching techniques), etc.

I wanted to teach at TP (Temasek Polytechnic), but the HR lady said I am "over-qualified." Therefore, to rebel against such BS. I am will to conduct this workshop, or any future workshops for FREE. Just let me know what you want to learn. BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT EDUCATION IS FOR ALL!

hey Larry! Im interested! where do i sign up?

Please count me in. Thanks.

photopurist said:
Do you know the Zone System? If you do, you probably think that Zone System is only in film photography or by an old fart like Ansel Adams.

Of course you know that the old fart called Ansel Adams was John Sexton's teacher.

Of course. Sexton was first assistant to Ansel for six years. I cannot imagine working for a grumpy old man, who was also a perfectionist at the same time.

Lots of stories about Ansel from Sexton while attending his 9 days workshop at Anderson Ranch, Aspen, Colorado. Lots of good food and beer too. My total cost: US$3,800. Your cost: ZERO.

photopurist said:
Of course. Sexton was first assistant to Ansel for six years. I cannot imagine working for a grumpy old man, who was also a perfectionist at the same time.

John must be getting senile. His stories of the old fart were full of love and admiration. Certainly grumpy was not the impression from the stories John told me.

Oh.... John worships Ansel. He is the all-time "photo god." I got the grumpy impression from Jerry.

photopurist said:
I wanted to teach at TP (Temasek Polytechnic), but the HR lady said I am "over-qualified." Therefore, to rebel against such BS. I am will to conduct this workshop, or any future workshops for FREE. Just let me know what you want to learn. BECAUSE I BELIEVE THAT EDUCATION IS FOR ALL!
Sorry to hear that they say that to you! As if the best is too good for the Polytechinic students????? Strange!.......

HS

Status
Not open for further replies.