Not open for further replies.

djchris

Jul 21, 2002
www.confusedillusions.com
Just got back from Batam...
Here are two pictures to share.. :)

batam0036gj.jpg

batam0040pl.jpg

No need to go batam all the way to take workers. I appreciate your use of the rule of the thirds, your content just baffles/bores me. No offence meant.

topster said:
No need to go batam all the way to take workers. I appreciate your use of the rule of the thirds, your content just baffles/bores me. No offence meant.
I have to agree. Could have gone for something a little more interesting, no offence... ;)

hi chris,

I can see some potential in your images and i would like to make some comments.

1) I think they would work much better as B&W images.
2) For the 1st image, perhaps you can try a tighter crop?
3) 2nd image is much more interesting i feel, again, better in BW.

From these images i see potential interest in documentary style. I would suggest you go to a good bookstore or the library and seek out books by noted journalistic photographers like Sebastiao Salgado, Henri Cartier Bresson, W. Eugene smith. Study why the images work and go out and shoot some more :)

cheers!

dios v

I get the meaning of your shoot. also, i agree with cobalt that uve got potential =) at least u produce nice and sharp images =)

works for me though

cheers!

render

Thanks.
Maybe my first post didn't elaborate more..I didn't go to batam to take pictures of workers..I went there on a holiday trip. So photography was not my main purpose..just sharing 2 pictures nia.. :)

Anyway, these shots were made with an ixus i..the older model with no zoom. Hence expect no bokehs.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.