Work in Singapore and live in Johore

travel time dulan you gao gao... i had a friend who lived in JB and study at jurong west. everyday wakeup 4am, reach home at 10pm.

very impressed with my friend. amazing stuff

Ya man,I have frens who are malaysian that goes home in JB everyday.By 4am they will start to travel to Singapore & 3 hrs or so later they will reach their workplace.Usually they will reach home like 9-10pm depending on the traffic condition.It's a tough life but they do save up quite a bit considering the price of the rental flats here.I really admire them sometimes.Unless you are prepared for all those huff & puff,if not,I suggest otherwise,just my 2 cents.Cheerios!

daily journey about 2 hr wasted. Engine overheat and need repair or service more regurally. overall not really worth it in my opinion. Thats why now I'm staying in SG. Plus my mom got rob in front of my house. Thats a risk not worth saving a little $$ over.

Thats the craziest idea around, u can save a bit on cheaper lodging up north but i bet u will have no life to enjoy it because the 3 hrs traveling can wear u down like a broken piston, don't say daily commuting, my occasion shopping trip in my
Comfy mpv can already made me blood boil with that kind of icq clearance efficiently :(

In my 4 decades of life span, i have seen everything leaps and bounds in speed and quality except our dearest jb/woodland travelling experience 00100 man :(

(edit)
If you live there, you only need to be robbed once. If you have teenage daughters, they are at risk. The Johoreans' petition suggests an indirect racial oppression. The thugs get the message that if a certain race is targeted, the JB police don't seem interested to solve the crime.

In Jun 2007 there was a "100,000 signatures for peace" petition, part of a campaign organised by Chinese clans and residents to protest the recent wave of violent crimes in Johor.

Politika Malaysia: Brutal Gang Rapes in Johor Targeting Chinese Community

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2007/08/20/all-recent-johor-rape-cases-involved-chinese-women/

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/200...oor-for-robber-and-gets-carjacked-gang-raped/

http://scottthong.wordpress.com/2007/06/13/johor-criminals-chase-and-ram-car-rape-girl/

Last edited:
If you live there, you only need to be robbed once. If you have teenage daughters, they have high chance of being raped. The Johoreans' petition suggests an indirect racial oppression. The thugs get the message that if girl of a certain race is raped. The police don't seem interested to solve the crime.

In Jun 2007 there was a "100,000 signatures for peace" petition, part of a campaign organised by Chinese clans and residents to protest the recent wave of violent crimes in Johor.

ALL Recent Johor Rape Cases Involved Chinese Women? « LEADING MALAYSIAN NEOCON

JB: Woman Opens Car Door For Robber and Gets Carjacked, Gang-Raped « LEADING MALAYSIAN NEOCON

Johor Criminals Chase and Ram Car, Rape Girl (and Another Gang Rape On Next Day) « LEADING MALAYSIAN NEOCON

Looks like you need the protection of a private army to live in Johore.

If you live there, you only need to be robbed once. If you have teenage daughters, they have high chance of being raped. The Johoreans' petition suggests an indirect racial oppression. The thugs get the message that if girl of a certain race is raped. The police don't seem interested to solve the crime.

ALL Recent Johor Rape Cases Involved Chinese Women? « LEADING MALAYSIAN NEOCON

JB: Woman Opens Car Door For Robber and Gets Carjacked, Gang-Raped « LEADING MALAYSIAN NEOCON

Johor Criminals Chase and Ram Car, Rape Girl (and Another Gang Rape On Next Day) « LEADING MALAYSIAN NEOCON

Looks like you need the protection of a private army to live in Johore.

There are trade-offs. You have to take the plus with the potential minus if you live there. The links are authored by Malaysians. They said it. We only read it.

Last edited:
There are many like that..most lives in JB..just travel over to n fro to work here..
Most i know travel with bikes though..only some by bus..they have been doing these for years.

Met a local taxi driver who drives here, stays in JB.
But then again he is pro-UMNO, anti-P*P. ;p

Last edited:
Not likely unless we could lease land from them like Hong Hong's arrangement.

However, Malaysia is avoid retirement option. It may not be Johore but further up north.

Ya man,I have frens who are malaysian that goes home in JB everyday.

I have been seeing more and more Singaporeans who ( claims due to costs of local living ) stay across the causeway
but work in Singapore.

cause way link
with cause way link, more malaysian make daily trip to and from singapore.

sounds perfect if you're working around Kranji, Woodlands or Sembawang areas eg Republic Polytechnic

The best thing is can a OPC car and drive in and out without having to pay daily charges.....

If u r a malay, shoukld be fine. Chinese, better not even foc for u to stay. My fren even ask me to buy a hse with her in jb n i was stun. Cause she is married but she is a msian, lol.

I now stays alone in sg. If i m in jb, next day my hse tio ransack after i back from night shift. Lol!

If u r a malay, shoukld be fine. Chinese, better not even foc for u to stay. My fren even ask me to buy a hse with her in jb n i was stun. Cause she is married but she is a msian, lol.

I now stays alone in sg. If i m in jb, next day my hse tio ransack after i back from night shift. Lol!

but sad to say.. malays also get robbed in JB.

the only funny thing is, if any race other than malay commits a crime there, their names will be revealed. if a malay commits a crime, their names are omitted.

I don't have the stats but should have tens of thousands doing this by now. I almost bought a house in Danga bay area next to my friend & that was over 5yrs ago. He still commutes in & out daily but his hours are non peak. Couple of my Malaysian friends send their kids to study in Sgp & it's 5am morning calls with driver.

Things to do is as usual, don't be flashy & be humble. Learn to speak Malay.

Chinese are 3rd class citizens in Malaysia.

1st is the whites, the mindset here is still very colonised resulting in caucasians behaving like masters (not all of course but eventually esp the upper class due to the way they are treated here).
2nd is Bumis aka Malays
3rd is Chinese
then the rest

Major crime city is JB & even I skip it but the rest of Johor are better. You guys can also consider the western side where Nusajaya etc are.

I'm in KL as it's the capital & things are better here but security is still for the privileged.

You guys have to understand that when we enter a country, it's their language & culture so please respect it. Govt issues, post office, banks, docs etc are all in Malay as it's their national language. The problem is Singaporeans like to carry our mindset over & start comparing because it's so covenient. What do you do when you land in Japan, France, Germany?