Words of Wisdoms, from Great Masters

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsbn

Jul 24, 2002
Planet Eropagnis
What is the most inspiring word that you'd heard of in all your years of photography that spurred you on and on?

Hopefully mods make it a sticky so that all new guys will be motivated.

For me:

"Remember, you are using a SLR camera. What sets you and others aside is the 'special something' that you can see and capture that others don't. If plain snapshots are all you can do, I can do it better with an idiot camera."

i'm basically a lazy basterd. but i remember my lao shi (teacher) told me in taipei something like this:

'nike really understand human beings with its slogan of: JUST DO IT"

My fav is:

"Just shoot lor, you never know what you are going to get." :sweatsm:

What pushed me to continously improve and seek new heights of myself? When someone tells me my shots are lousy. :)

Shoot 1st ask questions later.

I always shoot 1st then post here to ask how can I improve on the shot.

The self has always been misbehaving. Images are captured when photographers mis-behaved selfishly such as being inconsiderate etc...during shooting session.

The world will be a better and nicer place if the millions of photographers learn to live and shoot in soul. For whenever soul is present no matter what the photographer is doing, whom he's with, where he is will somehow evokes his emotion of the loving kindness without him thinking about it.

He is totally absorted in the place or person or event without ego and without judgment. :)

This is when the state of maturity begins and photographers see that connection is necessary for survival:

"Isolation is our most injurious state for there is no life without
relationship and connection".

Wah!

Lots of Great Masters!

"If you've not tried chilli, how do you know the chilli is hot?" I always live along those lines whether photography or work.

My master always say: You are improving, but still far behind when i was your shoe, buck up or leave.:)

Heard more recently frm another Master.

"Make the Background work for you."

My subsequent shoots look totally different! Although I feel its got some bucking up to do.

"dont shoot. buy my pictures instead"

hmmm. does "BUY BUY BUY!" count as words of wisdom? :devil:

Poon said:
hmmm. does "BUY BUY BUY!" count as words of wisdom? :devil:
Those are Words of Death and Temptation. Leave them out. :)

still looking for the master ... never met one ... hense I just shoot shoot and shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.