Wordings/watermark in pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canew

Jul 26, 2005
Tampines
hjgoh.spaces.live.com
Hello everyone,

May I know how those wordings (eg.: Copyright xxxxx-2005), normally at the bottom of photos, are superimposed?

I see many of the photos posted in CS that have wordings like these. Are those wordings superimposed using Photoshop? If yes, how? What are the steps?

Thank you.

I use PS. For better effect, you can also change the opacity of the text layer. That will make it lighter and less obvious.

Steps:
1) on the toolbar select the 'T' icon
2) Click on where you want it
3) Type your letters
4) Change font/size/colour as and how you like
5) Reposition the text if you need with the move tool
6) In the layer window, select the text layer and change the opacity to 20% to blend it in. Of course 20% is just an example. It can be any value you want it to be. Depends on the background and how much you want the text to stand out.
7) If you're saving to JPG, don't forget to flatten the layers. Photoshop will ask you anyway.

Good luck!

seankyh,

Thank you very much for the 'tutorial.' If I were to encounter problems, may I PM you? ;)

Just curosity, would anyone of you really enforce your right through legal means if you found someone using your artwork for commercial or non-commercial use? :think:

Any legal expert here could tell us how to go about it and the costs and times involved :)

hawkeryh said:
Just curosity, would anyone of you really enforce your right through legal means if you found someone using your artwork for commercial or non-commercial use? :think:

Any legal expert here could tell us how to go about it and the costs and times involved :)

As long as they don't use it to enter competition or make money, I really don't have a problem with that. If they did, I think one would have the legal rights to pursue the matter especially if you can provide the original jpg/nef/raw files.

Status
Not open for further replies.