Status
Not open for further replies.

Splutter

Dec 28, 2003
Gim Boon Tai
www.splutterphotography.com
Haven't really done shoots by myself for a long time. Critiques welcome!!! :D

16.jpg

One minor nitpick...her left leg. Somehow it's hanging in the air. I rather have it either resting on her right knee or higher up in the air.

could be a cool Shoe Ad tho...

works for me....the "hanging" left leg makes it unique IMHO. having the left leg resting on the right leg or higher up in the air is a much more common shot. now u've introduced both tension and a focal point just above her right knee. very nicely done.

Pro Image, zaren : I actually have versions of different angle, but somehow I like the small gap. Maybe like what Zaren says, it creates a tension of sorts.

porshee : I was thinking of that too, but the focus isn't really on the shoe, is it? Anyway it doesn't look good enough, hahaz.

Witness,knoxknocks : Thanks bros :)

Great shot. Really grabbed my attention.

zaren said:
works for me....the "hanging" left leg makes it unique IMHO. having the left leg resting on the right leg or higher up in the air is a much more common shot. now u've introduced both tension and a focal point just above her right knee. very nicely done.

I second that. Very nicely done :thumbsup:

i prefer the leg either not hanging or more hanging. Right now it seems not here not there. but i really like this shoot.

i'd prefer to see both her eyes, her head looks a little strange. And is such a thick capture of the mattress edge necessary? I find it rather ugly & distracting. Having it thinner would work better since the focus is in clean sharply defined lines. Cheers for a gd shot.

The lighting is nice... why didn't you do it in colour?
Also felt that the crop could be tighter and the model looking more towards the camera... ;)

Looks like mattress? This is bad, haha. It's actually fur on a wooden board.

Kenneth, I have many versions of this, but because the subject's face shape is kinda round, I think this is a tradeoff. Somehow I think the mono version looks more captivating, maybe because this pic emphasis more on shapes and lines?

hmmm i like the tone of colours ... interesting shot to me ....
and leaves me to ponder wat she looking at shoe maybe ??

but i would also prefer to see her face.

Just my opinion :D

Status
Not open for further replies.