Woodlands Waterfront

theshooter

Nov 3, 2008
Singapore
1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, PP, and how to i capture a greater detail of the clouds?

also, how do i remove the condensation that is always settling on my filter every shot? ps. i was there in the morning ):

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To display the serenity of the place

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Around 7am in the morning, checked the weather and sunrise timing and realised i couldnt capture any sunrise when i was there. boohoo. The condensation posed a problem because i had to keep wiping my filter but after awhile all my shots were still affected by it. :sweat:

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Pic 1: i think its not bad but i actually prefer pic 2 because of the sun formations. Only had 2 good pics because of the condensation, and for you to compare the effects of it. It is seen in pic2 but not in pic 1.

1. The Jetty
4810830925_67f3232c5b_b.jpg

2. Beautiful clouds
4810830927_f4367b2db0_b.jpg

Dang, i noticed a dust spot in the middle top. Can i just use my blower to blow it off my sensor?

Thanks all!
Lex

there are a lot more dust spots than just the one there, look to the left of it.

you can try blowing, but it might be welded dust, but no harm trying. just make sure the tip of your blower doesn't touch the sensor, of course.

you can remove condensation by wiping it away with a microfibre cloth.

composition wise, the second is more balanced - the almost-equal weight given to the two land extensions (rather, jetty + land extension) with the cloud bridging the gap between the two make this a strong composition.. but i can't say that the condensation presence works for me. you can personally compare this to the first, where you have given more weight to the left, and there is no cloud present, it just doesn't feel right. so we will focus on #2 here.

a more panoramic crop as shown below would work better for me here, because there is excess space on top. 16:9 is a common format that you can try. do note that it is better to shoot with the crop in mind, rather than crop in post to save the picture, if you get what i mean. the dominant blue cast here with little variance in tones is not something i like - you can either play with colour balance or WB if you shot in RAW, or just convert it to bnw.

Untitled-1-6.jpg

I think the B&W version makes the clouds stand out more... though I think the composition still seems like it's missing something... the colour.... hmmmm

TS, I kaypoh kaypoh and hunted for dust bunnies...
here
dustspots_1.jpg

I probably missed out some. Hope it helps!

I think of the spot is on the top of the image, the dust is on the bottom of the sensor. Image is inverted when captured, if I'm not mistaken.

Hi!
Pic 1 stuck me! The reflection in the sea is charming. Of course the actual sky is not that exciting. Maybe you could tweak the contrast/saturation?

Thanks.

A new hideout in the north . . . :)

Looks like a good image that can be fix with some dodge and burn.
BW works better i think

thanks for all the constructive comments!

for the dust, can i just use my blower and blow the sensor? will it damage anything or worsen the prob?

go canon svr centre and clean the sensor bah

thanks for all the constructive comments!

for the dust, can i just use my blower and blow the sensor? will it damage anything or worsen the prob?
should be fairly easy to blow... just make sure not to touch the sensor with the tip of the blower.
Hopefully blowing it will clear the problem.

Don't need to be so scared :)
But if you don't feel confident of yourself, then by all means send it to service center.

Blow but make sure your blower is clean .... dont blow water into the sensor :bigeyes:
Anyway bring to CSC S$20.00 and cents ... only