<wonglp> Traveling with my mirrorless pen

wonglp

Staff member
Jul 20, 2007
Bukit Batok
My family brought a whole lot of joy to me, one of it is photography. Started off with a humble Oly Dslr E410 to take my daughter several years ago, and then switched totally to mirrorless last year due to heavy work travel and too much kid's stuff to carry on weekends :sweat:

Been following adrewine's awesome thread alot, inspired by his shots as well, so picked up some courage to start a thread here.

Through some pictures below, would like to share some experience the Oly Pen cameras had brought to me as well as the realm of magnificent manual lenses. C&C are very much welcome. Thanks for viewing.

#1 Propulsion

I never feel comfortable flying on a propeller fan plane, luckily i had my camera with me then.
EPL1+9-18. New Zealand.

5839023287_459f944b8f_z.jpg

Last edited:
#2 Will it ever be the same again?

Christchurch Cathedral - Was there in last December in between 2 terrible quakes, the second one destroyed the tower. Out of fear, people are leaving Christchurch. EPL1+9-18mm

5839014113_5f1c65cacb_z.jpg

Last edited:
#3 Reflections @ Central Park, New York

Central park is a nice and serene place to hangout, but once it gets dark, it makes me nervous. EPL1+9-18mm.

5761719701_880fb86d19_z.jpg

Last edited:
#4 To infinity & beyond!

Statue of liberty, greenish color today we see is due to the copper oxidation. Didn't know that, haven't seen a different color of it anyways:think:

EPL1+9-18mm

5761719059_e1f32cb025_z.jpg

Last edited:
#5 Symmetricity

Chicago O'Hare Airport at concierge area, a good place to stop by if one has the time.
EP3+12mm

6024389656_b46c964a0c_z.jpg

Last edited:
#6 You are fired!

Trump building - Wall Street, New York.
E-PL1+9-18mm

5761718555_46f6cb2272_z.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice captures :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.
Probably, one day I too will switch to a mirrorless system and your photos will definitely be an inspiration...

Very nice.

ya very nice series!

Nice series. wonderful colours. much post-production done? wondering if Oly Pen mirrorless really that good. you are the second person i know who produces great images from an Oly Pen.

Very nice captures :thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.
Probably, one day I too will switch to a mirrorless system and your photos will definitely be an inspiration...

Thanks for the kind words, asterixsg, I'm definitely not worthy of being inspirational, but certainly your series inspires me alot! Switching to mirrorless certainly helped me gain a lot more than I've loss.

Very nice.

Thanks Daoyin!

ya very nice series!

Thanks eleveninth

Nice series. wonderful colours. much post-production done? wondering if Oly Pen mirrorless really that good. you are the second person i know who produces great images from an Oly Pen.

Thanks for the kind words emlee! #4 & #6 had some PP to bring out the contrast due to the flaring. #2 & #3, had GND on for better dynamic range. Apart from that, it's OOC jpgs, which I think Oly cameras does it pretty well, I am poor in PP, maybe that's why olympus cameras is good for me:) There are many others that I know uses Oly Pen/E series DSLR who produces very nice shots and better than mine, just that I don't see many post here.

Nice shots!

#6 Vibrant NYC

Taken near Penn station, took the Long Island Railroad from JFK airport whenever I have more than 5 hours transit. There's a Macy here which is a favorite place for my wifey's stuff:sweat: one can bring the passport to get a visitor's discount card which basically knocks off the tax. Good for buying branded stuff here. A shot taken with the dramatic tone art filter with borders, E-P3+12mm.

6041475977_ee58fa602b_z.jpg

Not to mention the BHPhoto is just few streets down...

#7 Consolation on Singapore National Day, 2011

Had a evening flight canceled, and changed to a 730am flight on national day, while everyone was celebrating and watching NDP, I had to crawl out of bed at 4am to the airport, good thing the consolation for that day was a really nice sunrise at the airport. OOC jpgs, no PP. EP3+12mm.

6023820345_6f1d3839d1_z.jpg

Last edited:
#8 Baseball Game - Chicago White Sox VS Yankees

Had a chance to catch a game of Chicago WS vs NY Yankees @ US Cellular Field Chicago. Not really a baseball fan, but man, it's pretty boring I must admit to sit for 3 hr or more. Maybe that's why the Americans call it their favorite "pastime":bsmilie:
EP3+12mm

6024389630_11327be4f4_z.jpg

Last edited:
#9 Sunflowers + blue skies

Always have a soft spot for sunflowers. Here's one low angle shot against the blue sky. No PP, OOC jpg.
EP3+14-42mm.

6023820361_da6f52e81c_z.jpg

Last edited:
#10 Cloud Gate - The Bean

As the name implies, on a nice day, you can see the clouds and buildings, an architectural masterpc. Hopefully this shot shows the ingenuity of it.
Not taken with the Pen, nonetheless a sensor similar sized to that, E-410+40-150mm, the camera that brought me into photography.

5981754612_5f04deedb7_z.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful , I think most of the guys had said what I wanted to say . Keep it up .
I am also a "fan" of Andrewine's thread , ' add oil ' , your thread can become as popular .
I like most of your photos.
Thanks for sharing .

supmylo said:
Beautiful , I think most of the guys had said what I wanted to say . Keep it up .
I am also a "fan" of Andrewine's thread , ' add oil ' , your thread can become as popular .
I like most of your photos.
Thanks for sharing .

Thanks for the encouragement, supmylo! Adrewine's thread is very nice, been camping there for a long time:)