wonders of blacktape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratix

Oct 13, 2005
Alright. I know this sounds primitive, but it is a good way to protect your stuff on the budget.

I personally got tired to having scratched my lens hood, especially with those ugly bright marks here and there.

and gaffer tape is rare to come by, so i did something with those black tape you find in small rolls.

this is the type of tape i've used:
black_tape.jpg

and, i've taped up my hood to be like that:
black_tape2.jpg

of course, i've cut out the excess tape using a penknife. not too hard, considering that i'm pretty butter fingers myself. hahaha

and just incase you think it'll leave it's stickiness after you remove the tape, just pour some zippo lighter fluid on a piece of cloth and wipe it away!

just sharing. =)

i use bumper tape for car doors. it does not give a 360 degrees of protection but the bottom part needs it most for times when i place my gears on rough concrete slabs, being much thicker is a boon.

Haha! The all rounded universal black tape. NS guys should remember it. Tapes up almost anything, temporary or long term when the real fix can't come or to hde the fact that its really spoilt! Good idea but black tape leaves a very sticky residue. Though you could use zippo lighter fluid, I don't think its safe for certain rubbers.

Haha! The all rounded universal black tape. NS guys should remember it. Tapes up almost anything, temporary or long term when the real fix can't come or to hde the fact that its really spoilt! Good idea but black tape leaves a very sticky residue. Though you could use zippo lighter fluid, I don't think its safe for certain rubbers.

yeap yeap, if it's rubber, shouldnt use this method (especially for lower end cameras with rubber handgrip). The rubbber might even come out with the tape for these cameras...

so users who would be using this method:
Please NEVER use on rubbery surface!

Hmm

That black tape looks like can reflect light.

Anyone knows where to buy gaffer tape and how much it costs?

Try to go to mass orders in clubsnap.. Eugenep and hennessy are carrying gaffer tapes..

Status
Not open for further replies.