Status
Not open for further replies.

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Why some lou han still so expensive?

My previous one dies on tuesday :cry: :(
I went to shop for one on yesterday :confused:
I saw one selling at $18 and the other, at $220!
$18 look normal like my previous one but the other, with his head having the lump.
Too expensive for me, i make a trip to another fish shop.
Saw 2 lou han and ask about the price. Each cost $120 but the head not so big.
In the end, i ended up with 9 gold fish. Cute Cute little one. :D

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
its called perceived value... u dun see value in them hence say its expensive... *i dun rear fishes...

$220 for a fish, no way man. Unless buy liao n will strike next week 2.8 millions toto, i confirm buy the lou han. What if I brought liao, reach home n fish die, right? Furthermore those louhan not as active as gold fish. You see the gold fish swim ard n play with the air plump, very entertaining one. ;) :D

I Actually saw a school of Lo Han fish in the canal outside NKF building (can't remember the road name). I think they were the only types of fish in that canal, not surprising since these fish are carnivours. Maybe can go there and fish and sell hehehe. ;)

It depend on how much you willing to pay for your hobby.... i mean if your hobby is breed/keeping fish.
my uncle bought some COBRA discuss from oversea. 1k SGD each.....

like you willing to pay a coupel of thousand for a camera... for others, NO WAY.
and to me, i like to collect watches, antique watch mostly....
so, it's not the value for the fish... but the value for the hobby :)

My fish pond at home only has small goldfishes and guppies - $3/$5ea.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: , until my dad's friend came and gave us 6 koi fishes worth ~$400ea? :dunno:

Not to forget $10 worth of feeding fishes (which apparently the bigger fishes don't eat till the feeding fishes grew big and have babies)..that's around ~100 small feeding fishes

there is still quite a bit of luo han hobbyists ard... u can take a look at the fish forums like arofanatics....
so when there is the demand, there is the market.

not a LH fan ..

but I used to pay $100+ for a betta (fighting fish)
$150 for a pair or albino guppies ..

simon80 said:
not a LH fan ..

but I used to pay $100+ for a betta (fighting fish)
$150 for a pair or albino guppies ..

LH market going to vanish soon. Fighting fish, arowana and gold fish etc... are long time fish. So, invest on a LH, i rather spend it on the arowana but must train it to eat dry food, not live one :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.