Wonderful experience with the new E-330 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone told me the price liao... i think i'm getting one... :thumbsup:

wrx_sti_22b said:
Someone told me the price liao... i think i'm getting one... :thumbsup:

Hmmm...and how much might dat B?

Yup, the body of the E-330 costs more than my E-300 dual lens kit...but then again this is the bleeding edge technology.

tomcat said:
The article said that the "Olympus E-330 digital SLR is now available at all major retailers and dealers at recommended retail price of S$1,999 (inclusive of GST)". But is it really available ? :dunno:

This piece of info is definately INCORRECT. :nono:

As i am going to buy this camera... I have checked out liao. Not even shipping yet.

And the price also not S$1999 wif GST.

Looking at the pictures, I'd be worried about breaking the LCD, it looks so fragile in the pictures.

Read in an article the E-330 will be on sale in Japan on 24th Feb.:vhappy:

I have questions to ask abt this E-330. :think:

I got to read that picture taken by 'Live Mode A' is by the 8.0mp CCD of taken from the Olympus mju800.

Picture taken by 'Live Mode B' is by the newly developed N-Mos 7.5mp sensor.

Would the quality be the same? Will photos taken by 'Live Mode A' be more inferior cause the CCD is from a compact camera? :think:

Then wat abt photos taken by normal eye view finder? From those review site, seems to be using the sensor of 'Live mode A' also, instead of the 7.5mp N-Mos sensor.

Only 'Live Mode B' uses the N-Mos sensor? :dunno:

wrx, you must be mistaken.

Live Mode A: the live preview is fed by the 8MP CCD chip, final image capture still by the MOS sensor. however, the live preview will look more grainy in low light conditions. in other words, this CCD chip is there only to produce a live preview in place of the optical viewfinder.

Live Mode B: the live preview is fed by the MOS sensor as well as the final image capture. in this mode, you lose AF and must focus manually. shutter lag is also higher. this mode is good only for critical work such as macro and perhaps studio shoots.

tao said:
wrx, you must be mistaken.

Live Mode A: the live preview is fed by the 8MP CCD chip, final image capture still by the MOS sensor. however, the live preview will look more grainy in low light conditions. in other words, this CCD chip is there only to produce a live preview in place of the optical viewfinder.

Live Mode B: the live preview is fed by the MOS sensor as well as the final image capture. in this mode, you lose AF and must focus manually. shutter lag is also higher. this mode is good only for critical work such as macro and perhaps studio shoots.

:) Correction. The CCD used in the E-330 is a 5MP 1/2.7 inch type.

Don't worry, it's grainy during Live Preview only.

Liew View Mode A is grainy in dim places because:

1. Small 1/2.5" sensor
2. Need to constantly feed at least 15 frame/sec (1/15)
3. Only receives 20% light from the viewfinder light path.

The CCD sensor has to be boosted very high gain (ISO) for Live preview.
Brightcapture technology is something like pixel combination/downsampling method to increase brightness of the image. Megapixel -> 230K for the LCD resolution.

E-330 uses its 7.5MP 4/3 LiveMOS sensor for all the image taking.

I find the plastic body quality of the E-330 a bit cheapo.

The buttons, the switches, the sound tat they make when pressed. Especially the latch door design of the CF/xD card slot. Evident of cost savings... but of course an entry level price dSLR wif so much features, there must be some cost savings evidents somewhere...

The tilt out mechanism of the LCD screen looks fragile. Time will tell whether it can wif stand usage.

The capital 'O' letter of the white 'Olympus' word on the camera body is not painted very nicely. The white 'E-330' wording seems to be able to easily get stratched off.

That is my first impression wif the camera body as i put a piece of screen protector over the LCD screen.

The box is well designed & nice looking though. Items are sensibly placed in the box wif good protection, wrapped in bubble bags.

The packaging is better than my previous dSLR set, but the camera body's built quality seems to be poorer than my previous camera.

Where did you get yours and how $$?

ya lor, where and how MUCH? :)

I was at AP Sim Lim on Sat and they quoted me $1680. Tried out the camera there. They don't sell body only.

Status
Not open for further replies.