Woman dies after being hit by train at Ang Mo Kio MRT station

Status
Not open for further replies.
tragic man.. my heart goes out to those she left behind, and to her.

[ramble]
it is so strange that mr sheltered (me) had never really felt the fact that singapore like everywhere has its share of people who are hit by bad luck, and stuck in a vicious cycle of either poverty or some really bad lifestyle u thought only existed on tv.
so strange that mr sheltered me, whose world existed in the model of education -> salaryman, had thought he was quite knowledgeable.
so sad that while kids are trying to act cool by being poser gangsters, other kids are really stuck in the *real* stuff and some are valiantly trying to get back into the comfortable mainstream life.
so pathetic that mr sheltered me, all of 26 yers old, thought by going NS I had become a man, where in actual fact compared to a girl who was supposed to be self-sufficient at age 12, able to stay away from the traps and pitfalls of the seedier areas of singapore life, and to finally get back to the "safe" yuppiehood. She is more a man than me. I am merely a boy who's aged.
[/ramble]

Originally posted by pegasus1010
ok.. for a while thot u are one of those..:bsmilie:

if I was I might not have survived... so now I am humbled...

If she committed suicide, then I am rather appalled.

When she jumped, she dies. Short and simple. But look at the inconvenience she caused to other people. Have to clean up the mess and all as well.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
If she committed suicide, then I am rather appalled.

When she jumped, she dies. Short and simple. But look at the inconvenience she caused to other people. Have to clean up the mess and all as well.

Regards
CK

wah lau.. hope u're not too serious... :(

Originally posted by denizenx

wah lau.. hope u're not too serious... :(
Well, if you look at it this way, even though the person thinks he's at the lowest point of his life and there's no more hope for him, he should drag other people down as well...imagine how the mrt operator feels once he realizes what happened, and all those who saw the accident happeneing...sigh...
If you wanna commit suicide (touch wood), then do it alone and don't destroy other people's lives...otherwise just face up to reality and try to set things right again.

Originally posted by qhelix

Well, if you look at it this way, even though the person thinks he's at the lowest point of his life and there's no more hope for him, he should drag other people down as well...imagine how the mrt operator feels once he realizes what happened, and all those who saw the accident happeneing...sigh...
If you wanna commit suicide (touch wood), then do it alone and don't destroy other people's lives...otherwise just face up to reality and try to set things right again.

Its hard to commit suicide and not involve other people. If someone jumps into singapore river, divers must come to the rescue. If you jump off a hdb flat, there's work in scraping bits off the concrete. If you OD on pills at home, no one will know till a few weeks later when the stench is unbearable. So as you can see, suicide is a community affair.

Originally posted by maddog

So as you can see, suicide is a community affair.
Exactly, so my point is, don't commit suicide!

Do you know that they would hand-cuff the body if that person commited suicide? (it's against the law for commiting suicide)

Originally posted by sbs99
Do you know that they would hand-cuff the body if that person commited suicide? (it's against the law for commiting suicide)

no, u are kidding:what:
it is an offence to attempt suicide, true they could get handcuffed, (but tat also rarely get exercised.. who would want to handcuffed someone who's looking to die??) but not in commit suicide, in which the person is dead..
I dread to think wat would happen should a dead person be handcuffed.. the public will like.. protest?

I was in the force last time, so I know abt this part of the seizable offence..

Originally posted by qhelix

Exactly, so my point is, don't commit suicide!

Precisely my point. It's not a matter of simply leaving the world, and depending on how you did it, the inconvenience level changes. And pregnant women who do that is not only inconsiderate but cruel as well. The innocent baby doesn't even get the chance to live.

Regards
CK

I think it was a really sad freak accident. Come to think of it....people have been performing really risky moves by standing so near the tracks when the train rolls in. Especially at Jurong East station....people stand beyond the yellow line near the edge as train rolls in....standing at exact positions where the doors would open. And block alighting passengers....i love to juz walk rigidly out and bang the rest with my shoulders as they charge in....i pity those faces at my shoulder level. The price to pay for being obnouxiously kiasu. :)

Originally posted by sbs99
i love to juz walk rigidly out and bang the rest with my shoulders as they charge in....i pity those faces at my shoulder level. The price to pay for being obnouxiously kiasu. :)

haha.. yahla i hate it too.. i dont go charge on them but i just stand there until they give me way.

i was in orchard that time.. no wonder the train delayed so long. But true also la, if i were to commit suicide... get a place that cause less trouble to the rest of the world. Other then all the abovementioned, now she also made AngMoKio MRT another popular haunted station.

SG not that bad.. when I was in HK everyday got ppl jump off from building.. at one time i keep looking up in case they land on me. It was the highest suicide rate there...

anyway, so confirmed its a commit suicide and not accident?

I think it IS against the law to commit suicide but not sure on the handcuff part. Heard about that though.

Yeah on the kiasu commuters... I have long given up hope that peple will let me get off the train smoothly, nowadays I just bash through when I need to get off the train. I was once *tsked* at by a lady who tried to get into the train when I was trying to get off. Apparently I blocked her speedy entry... what did I do wrong!?? sigh..... And then there are those kind enough to wait for you to alight, while standing right in front of and across the doorway. DUH.

Status
Not open for further replies.