Not open for further replies.

vendeta

Sep 20, 2002
Visit site
Finally fresh from the box......

497983521_8316122ea5.jpg

first test shot of my 50mm macro ;)

You'll fall in love with this lens bro.

Note: If you want really closeup macro shots, I'd highly recommend the Raynox Macro converter. (Model: M-250)

It's kinda costly but the image quality is much better than with diopters.

Very good for those extreme closeups! ;)

I can't (and don't want to) remember how much I paid for mine though... :bsmilie:

I can't (and don't want to) remember how much I paid for mine though... :bsmilie:

If you got it when it was fresh out of the oven you'll have paid around $888... :angel:

Finally fresh from the box......

497983521_8316122ea5.jpg

first test shot of my 50mm macro ;)

Congrats bro! I am sure you will enjoy the lens a lot...

If you got it when it was fresh out of the oven you'll have paid around $888... :angel:

Was refering to the Raynox Macro Adaptor bro ;p

I remember paying S$760 for my 50mm - but mainly cos my wife reminds me! :bsmilie:

The Raynox Macro adaptor isn't cheap (around $200 i think...) but you can get it cheaper if you order from eBay vs the local dealer.

Think of the Raynox as a "high quality diopter with virtuclly no distorsion"...

Check it out at the link below...

http://raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/dcr250/indexdcr250eg.htm

If I can make it to your next kopi session - I'll bring it along for you guys to meddle with ;)

Was refering to the Raynox Macro Adaptor bro ;p

I remember paying S$760 for my 50mm - but mainly cos my wife reminds me! :bsmilie:

The Raynox Macro adaptor isn't cheap (around $200 i think...) but you can get it cheaper if you order from eBay vs the local dealer.

Think of the Raynox as a "high quality diopter with virtuclly no distorsion"...

Check it out at the link below...

http://raynox.co.jp/english/dcr/dcr250/indexdcr250eg.htm

If I can make it to your next kopi session - I'll bring it along for you guys to meddle with ;)

How much more magnification will you achieve using this adapter?

Why is the DOF so shallow in this shot that the top and bottom of the coin was totally blurred? The 50mm macro don't really behave like that.
Looked as if you had shot it with a Lens Baby. :dunno:

Why is the DOF so shallow in this shot that the top and bottom of the coin was totally blurred? The 50mm macro don't really behave like that.

Actually it does. Check your copy of the lens and shoot at f2.0 at the same perspective. I just did. Same results.

I shot my cats wide open at f/2.0 with this lens and they didn't look like this. The $1 is not very wide and the OOF areas are really very OOF.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=268044

I would have been terribly upset with my lens if the shots came out looking that way. :(

since the topic has bought up the OOF, DOF...i have asked the question before from this pix..is this normal? and the diff is am using the std 35mm f3.5 instead of HG 50mm f2.

P2174218J.jpg

Whats wrong with it? looks fine to me for a pict thats taken so close to the subject and the aperture at f/5.0 (ie. shallow DOF)

I shot my cats wide open at f/2.0 with this lens and they didn't look like this. The $1 is not very wide and the OOF areas are really very OOF.

I would have been terribly upset with my lens if the shots came out looking that way. :(

Your cats are at a distance from the lens.

The closer the lens is to the subject, the shallower the DoF per f-stop.

Dude, shoot the same subject at the same range. You will get the same result... or else... time to go to the Olympus Service Centre. Really.

since the topic has bought up the OOF, DOF...i have asked the question before from this pix..is this normal? and the diff is am using the std 35mm f3.5 instead of HG 50mm f2.

IMO it is normal. Remember, you are very near, almost flat on the ground.

Indeed it does behave like that. My shot below was taken with f5.6 in about 45 degree angle. DOF is larger but similar to TS 1$ coin.

L1087841.jpg

Calculated DOFs for the 50mm lens at f2.0 are:

At 15cm distance from the "film" plane is 0.04cm, yes 0.4mm.
At 100cm distance (for example a cat's head) is 2.28cm, i.e. 22.8 mm, in other words the DOF is huge for "cat" distance while it is hardly measurable for the coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.